Train/ bus from Bucharest to Cluj

I will be arriving from Pakistan at Bucharest airport for 2 months volunteer work  on 25 June and would like to travel to Cluj by train or bus. Please if some friend could guide me on what could be the best way to go to Cluj. :) My second question is if there are mosques and halal food available in Cluj?

There are several direct buses from Bucharest to Cluj. It takes about 9 hours and costs around 70-100 lei (cc. $18-$25) depending on the company/time of travel. Most leave in the morning or early afternoon to arrive by evening or late evening.

There are also several trains, some leaving late afternoon/evening. It takes about 10 hours. Ticket prices vary depending on the train and the class, but start from about 80 lei ($20). Some also travel overnight and have sleeper wagons.

Thanks for the useful info. I have seen on the net that the railway station is about 15 km from the airport, what is the most efficient way to travel from the airport to the railway station?

The most efficient in terms of time is taxi, which should cost you about 30-40 RON ($10). Depending on the time of day/traffic, it could take anywhere between 20 minutes and an hour.

The most efficient in terms of cost is probably the bus. The 780 express bus runs from Otopeni airport to Gara de Nord. How long it takes also depends on the traffic and the time of day. Departure times from the airport vary, depending on the time of day, and the day of the week, but roughly there's one every 30 minutes. You have to buy a special ticket from the kiosk at the airport bus stop, which costs 7 ron ($2). That's actually for 2 trips - you can't buy a single trip card. The card you get from the kiosk is then swiped as you get on the bus.

There is also a train between Otopeni and Gara de Nord, but as Otopeni doesn't actually have a train station, it stops at a place a few km from the airport and you have to switch to a bus. I've never used it so can't comment on the times and costs, but it sounds like a hassle to me. I'd stick to taxis if cash isn't a problem, or the bus if you're on a budget and have no time concerns.

Hello,
Yes, there are mosques and halal food available in Cluj and in many cities in Romania. Everybody loves halal food :)
I know there is an Islamic group in Cluj called Liga Islamica si Culturala and searching for them on the Internet I found this: islamicfinder.org/getitWorld.php?id=68363

Aslam u alaikum bro. You are in cluj right now? You find halal food shops there and mosque? Kindly reply me as soon as possible.