Language partnership

I am a 30 year old male, working as an audit manager at ALJ "Toyota" head office Riyadh, Just landed from Jordan and I'd like to learn new languages "Urdu, Chinese mandarin & of course English", if anyone interested in language partnership (it means that free of charge depends on your passion in life experience) I could exchange Arabic advanced weekly basis, however my experience with Americans (and other nationalities) roommates and others who were studying Arabic at any levels in Amman for the last 2 years, I'd if I can continue sharing knowledges of Arabic colloquial "عامية", while practicing my English skills, if you are interested please do not hesitate to send or share this with your friends, such a good experience and of course coolest way to break the ice with a new language.
:dumbom:

Hi Ahourani,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please feel free to post a ad in the Language Exchange in Riyadh section, this might help you to spread the word more rapidly.

Cheers,

Priscilla

MBC Bollywood for learning urdu

Thanks a lot Priscilla  :top:  great advice

Hi Hamoudi  :shy I thought I had greater opportunity in real life at Riyadh, maybe I can get fair and real skills during 1 - 2 years in the streets, Pakistani restaurants, grocery stores etc, however Arabic speakers are capable to learn 30% faster more than others.

hamudi wrote:

That is Hindi and not Urdu :)

saimans wrote:
hamudi wrote:

same shit

Hamoudi Noooodles are not the same Spaghetti ! even though both are wheat, long and thin  :idontagree: completely horrible cultural misstep, this is much important ... To respect other cultures!

Thank you for correcting   :dumbom:   I don't watch TV anyway  :)

Ahourani wrote:

Hamoudi Noooodles are not the same Spaghetti ! even though both are wheat, long and thin  :idontagree: completely horrible cultural misstep, this is much important ... To respect other cultures!

I do respect....tomayto tomato. Same "thing" happy now ?

Sort of  :P  thank you man

hamudi wrote:
saimans wrote:
hamudi wrote:

same shit

That's what you like to watch !!

Ahourani wrote:

this is much important ... To respect other cultures!

Thanks, you do understand. But some people are so insensitive to others (human, culture, language, creed) when they think everything of theirs is superior to others and deep down they can't even manufacture a needle by themselves and talk about those people who have reached moon !!

Ahourani wrote:

Hi Hamoudi  :shy I thought I had greater opportunity in real life at Riyadh, maybe I can get fair and real skills during 1 - 2 years in the streets, Pakistani restaurants, grocery stores etc, however Arabic speakers are capable to learn 30% faster more than others.

I'm sorry? Do you have basis of this statement? :dumbom:

My friend Urdu is written in Arabic Nastaliq script, Urdu written from right to left, Urdu vocabulary borrows about 40% from Arabic and Persian.
Here you go:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/other/ur … acts.shtml
If time allow me I'll explain more regarding to my personal investigation either, I'd do it for sure.
Thanks for seeking facts I'm absolutely believe in this way of getting knowledges!
Best,
Ahmed

I do understand my friend, but my perspective is only about human tolerance & diversity culture :) away from production rates and economic success!
Good luck
Ahmed

Maybe you are just referring to languages which has touch of Arabic. Coz so far, I got very rare Arabic speakers who can fluently speaks English.

The reason I ask is, I just wanna know if there's a study which is conducted behind the claim.

Very true. It's all relative. I'd say Arabic is a different band of language which is by far different from other bands; say English. And languages which fall in the same band look similar and easier to learn for the people with their first language in the same band. But that's not the only criteria. There are many other factors as well.

In support of what you said:

seeker of truth wrote:

Coz so far, I got very rare Arabic speakers who can fluently speaks English.

Here are some interesting stats (if you like numbers):
http://www.ielts.org/researchers/analys … _2013.aspx

It's interesting to see how different nationalities responded to English testing system in 2013.

Thanks, TLL for the info. :)
At least, we clear up something.

Hi 30,

Great to know your language exchange idea!. I am a native Urdu speaker and English Language Instructor in Pakistan. I want to learn Arabic in exchange of Urdu or English whatever you are interested in. Send me your contact details brother.

Happy Learning!

Zia Ur Rehman
British Council E-Moderator
Teacher Trainer
HEC Resource Person

Dear Zia,

Thank you for this kind reply, absolutely I'm interested, my name is Ahmed (my bad) I'm sending you my contacts now, feel free to send me anytime.

Best,
Ahmed

Yes it's all clear man :)
Keep it up.

I wish i had enough time to offer you to exchange my urdu & English with your Arabic :(

Hello and welcome to Riyadh. I have moved recently from the UK but originally from Pakistan. Hope I can tick two of your boxes for Urdu and English. I am very desperate to pick up my Arabic and you may be helpful. Let me know and I can send you my contact.

Regards,

Dr Sajjad Ali

Hey! Don't be negative :p take it easy.
Time could be found, we are gathering now for the first meeting, please feel free to contact me when you be ready
Best.

Hi Sajjad, thanks a lot, and why the hell not :) Let's meet as soon as you're ready, send me your contacts please. we are gathering now for the first meeting.
Best.
Best,
Ahmed

Dear Ahourani,

How are you doing?

I am interested with your idea. I am a Filipino with excellent Business and Conversational English skills with neutral accent. We can do our tutorials daily after 7 PM or Fridays at anytime. I can arrange a training room, but, you have to pick me up from Saba Street, Naseem and bring me back after. Please let me know. Thank you.

Cheers,

Ako

Hi Ahourani,

I would also be interested in some language exchange lessons as I'm currently trying to learn Arabic. I'm a 37 year old management consultant from England working for KPMG. Let me know if you are interested and we can meet up.

Tom

Hi Ako, I highly appreciate your offer :) but in the same time I have no interest in learning Taglog at this stage,  need to stick with my priorities, let's arrange sort of meeting soon it will be a great to discuss some solution, I'd be more than happy if we became friends, please send me your contact.
Best :)
ahmed

Hi Tom, sorry for this late reply, I have received many email in the same day you sent to me, then I get a little bit confused, however, we are a group of five now, two are Urdu native speakers, two English and one Arabic, therefore I think we can split to two groups, I'm sending you now my contacts let's try to meet up this weekend and figure out how to arrange weekly basis sessions :)
Best,
Ahmed

Ako, also "sorry for this late reply, I have received many email in the same day you sent to me, then I get a little bit confused"
Best,
Ahmed

I can assist if you are still looking :)

Hey! Why not :) so which languag you are speaking?