Got ripped off by a cab driver

Greetings all.. newbie here please be gentle,

Just wanna share my experience getting ripped off by a cab driver. So i'm back in kuwait after 8 long years, used to live here when i was a youngster went to a brit school here. So long story short went to souq sharq with my south african mate on our second day in kuwait on foot which took us 25 mins roughly from where we live. On the way back we decided to grab a cab inatead of walking back, i asked the cabby how much using a very sketchy arabic that i vividly remember and he said 2 kd, so we were like yea alright lets get on with it. When we got off i gave him 2 kd, and the dude looked at me and shouted 2 kd each each!! I looked at my mate with a shock and we started laughing, we gave him another 2kd and got off the cab joyfully. So excited going to be living here for the next 2-3 years.. so yay.

That's pretty universal stuff.
Is there a county where cab drivers' mummies and daddies are married? :D

Well i guess that's also true.. just kinda not expecting to get abused by a cabby so early in the game. I'd kill for uber to be here.

Hows jakarta treating you fred? Enjoying the traffic so far? hahaha its far from perfect but i love my city, missing it already

eighty8 wrote:

Well i guess that's also true.. just kinda not expecting to get abused by a cabby so early in the game. I'd kill for uber to be here.

Hows jakarta treating you fred? Enjoying the traffic so far? hahaha its far from perfect but i love my city, missing it already

After 8 years in Indonesia, I'm getting used to the madness on the roads.
I'm working on a new video so the world can see a little of the chaos and mess we call roads out here.
Uber is in trouble here with drivers being arrested and cars taken away.
A taxi here should have yellow commercial plates, and most of their drivers seem to be running on black civilian plates.
Getting ripped off by taxis does happen, but mostly with the cheap scratch and smell end of the market.

next time threaten the taxi driver that you will call a police so he will be deported and act like you will get his civil I.D. number at the back of driver's seat and get his plate number also.

arabelladora wrote:

next time threaten the taxi driver that you will call a police so he will be deported and act like you will get his civil I.D. number at the back of driver's seat and get his plate number also.

Haha a bit harsh but yea that'll probably do the trick

throw in the word "embassy" and "police", i've never heard of taxi's charging by the "head", sorry to say "welcome to Kuwait", but atleast you got a story out of it!

British schools eh, when and where? I was in TES from after the gulf war to 1998, then NES from 1998 to 2002.

legacy wrote:

throw in the word "embassy" and "police", i've never heard of taxi's charging by the "head", sorry to say "welcome to Kuwait", but atleast you got a story out of it!

British schools eh, when and where? I was in TES from after the gulf war to 1998, then NES from 1998 to 2002.

Bro.. looks like we went to the same school haha i was in NES from 2001 and left in 2004 in year 11. We probably were taught by the same teachers.

Thanks for the tips, lots of handy stuff you've posted on this forum.

:D Much appreciated! maybe we'll meet up later and talk Teachers in NES - Chemistry Dr. Malik & Mr. Straney, Geography Mr. Irving, and did you know that Doran is STILL the headmistress? And Johnson (Biology) is STILL there?!

many thanks for the positive reinforcement ^^

legacy wrote:

:D Much appreciated! maybe we'll meet up later and talk Teachers in NES - Chemistry Dr. Malik & Mr. Straney, Geography Mr. Irving, and did you know that Doran is STILL the headmistress? And Johnson (Biology) is STILL there?!

many thanks for the positive reinforcement ^^

Oh man Doran??? Hahhah she's a nightmare. I knew we had the same teacher man Dr. Millake taught me chemistry as well, not an easy guy to please tho. Had geography with irving as well but i didnt have biology with johnson instead i had this cool lady with a mohawk and plays rugby. She was really cool, cant seem to recall what her name was tho.

Anyways we should hang out sometime man. Cheers.

Johnson never taught me either; he was just infamous. i think he was also married to a woman from Zimbabwe, who discovered a corpse one fine evening when she was walking her dog...

The last bio teacher i had was Sheldon i think,, or the tall woman with blonde hair, cant remember her name,, might have to dig out my copy of Oasis 2002!!