Breaking news: Court decision allows canceled and open carrying of gun

Not sure how you feel about gun control.
See article: http://concealednation.org/2015/06/brea … pen-carry/

Wait and see. I guess the government will appeal the decision..

Just what crime-ridden PR needs.

Without intending to stoke the fires of the gun-control debate, it's common knowledge that the criminals in PR are well armed. Hell, some even have M-16s (one of which was used to shoot down that police helicopter and kill the co-pilot). As the law existed before, I could have a concealed weapons permit after jumping through a hell of a lot of hoops because I could make the argument that as a lawyer I needed one for personal protection. But what about your Average Joe? No such luck for him. At least now he/she may have a the ability to defend themselves if need be.

I agree, Nomad Lawyer, criminals are very well armed.

And about Average Joe, out in the boonies where I live it's common knowledge that "everybody" owns at least one gun for protection and I'm pretty sure that most people don't have a permit/license for it.

I know this is controversial and many will disagree, but .....
I agree with NomadLawyer and Gary, that the criminals always had the upper hand as they do not care about the law and they are well armed, sometimes better armed than the police.

Law abiding citizens should have the chance to level the playing field, the police can not be everywhere even if they show up. In some states where people are able to cary both concealed and open, criminals have to think twice before they approach someone or try to do a home invasion.

As to domestic violence, what is the difference between killing someone with a knife or a gun, Dead is dead and those committing domestic violence can use anything including a perfectly legal baseball bat.

But people need to train on how to use the weapon and be committed to use it, otherwise the criminal will take it from them and kill them with their own weapon.

Agreed, ReyP

In fact, as I understand it, Federal law states that anyone convicted of a domestic violence crime, cannot own a pistol, but they CAN own a shotgun! As was said; dead is dead; pistol, assault rifle, sniper rifle, or shotgun! Who are these lawmakers!? It's as stupid as when a PR congress, full of non motorcycle riding politicians, enacted a law that all riders have to wear gloves, boots, long sleeve shirts... they even tried to make jackets mandatory! Anyone who rides, (even bicycles) knows that a scuff on the pavement at 2mph will tear open pants, gloves, and long sleeve shirts.

I'm from NH, and they have an open carry law, no permits required... they also have some of the nations' lowest crime. An armed criminal would be less likely to mess around with armed, law-abiding citizens.