2yrs contract and visa - My contract is finishing July but Visa Oct

hi evryone,
I signed my 2 yrs contract last july15,2013 and it will finish nxt month july15,2014 and my visa will finish this october, and i talk to my employer today that i will not renew my contract and she told me that i have to pay bcox my visa still not finish...please help me, what should i do.. Thanks

Hi abby_28,

It is usually the visa date which a employer counts so technically since your visa is getting expired in October 2015, you last working date counted will also be in October 2015, if i am not wrong, so if you quit before that then employer can charge you for the expenses he has incurred. But i dont have accurate information about this case, i am sure if anyone else has faced this scenario or knows more they will reply back

good luck

T&R

I called the lmra and then they told me u dont have to pay anything, if they will let u to pay go to ministry of labour and file a complain..

ok good luck!

There are no amounts you need to pay for the remaining for the visa expiry to your employer. LMRA is clear about that. In the event your employer forces you to pay the said incurred fees then you can simply go to labors office. simple as that