Living and working in malta,no savings.

i,am aged 61yrs, i would like to work and live in malta,i have no savings, could some. one please advice me, also will be looking for cheap, very rents, do not know about housing, or if it is the same as england, i,am female, i would be grateful for any advice, do i need a work permit, and i do hope there is no age limit, thanks,also i only speak english, ,

As an EU citizen you won't need to get a work permit - though your age may be an issue

You can get cheap rents - but summertime rents are higher
Speaking English is fine

I suggest your read the sticky threads on here and if you have any direct questions you ask them on here

Hi i am a single mother and have a 4 yr old daughter and would like to have a foreigner taking care of her while im at work.i could provide her living with me for free.is it possible pls this is a very urgent case.thanks

Hi devavaruana,

Welcome to expat-blog :)

Please drop an advert in the Babysitting in Malta if you have such an offer. This will be the appropriate section of the website to do so.

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna

ruby8 wrote:

i,am aged 61yrs, i would like to work and live in malta,i have no savings, could some. one please advice me, also will be looking for cheap, very rents, do not know about housing, or if it is the same as england, i,am female, i would be grateful for any advice, do i need a work permit, and i do hope there is no age limit, thanks,also i only speak english, ,

I'm not sure you can even speak English.

Hi  ruby,

I have waited a few days before commenting your post.

I doubt very much that you can find work at the age of 61 in Malta. I'm not against your age , in fact  I'm older than you. But you do leave questions unanswered.

I presume you will be receiving a pension of some kind to supplement your lack of savings. What do you intend to live off  in Malta until you might be able to find work?

And why do you want to move to Malta? The sun ? I have to admit that your post hast been one of the posts from the last 7 years that has been very difficult to answer.

Ricky