Job Offer Help

Hi, my husband got a job offer of 24300 SAR per month (that includes 4500 SAR housing and 1800 SAR car allow).
We've got four children - so it seems to me that international schooling is not an option, and i'll have to do home schooling (as it's so expensive) Is this a fair offer?  Living in compounds also a pretty penny, is living outside a compound in the city or wherever even an option / safe?

Please help. Thank you

Honestly if company is not paying for schooling I am not sure it is worth the move.

I do know familites who homeschool & you are able to live outside of compounds safely, but the only place you will not have to wear an abaya would be in your apartment. Same with your children if any are girls who are near puberty.

1800 Sr for a car the size you would need seems low, plus you have to figure in taxis for you to use around town to get to the grocery store if you go when your husband is not around to drive you.

It's manageable...where u coming from?

We are from South Africa.

and I have FOUR girls, not aged 10, 7 and twins of 3

To help you look at it without housing and transporation figured in the salary per year would be 18,500SR or less then 62,000ZAR 

If more than you earn now than it is possible, if less then maybe not.

Also keep in mind you will probably end up sending your husband and then you will have about a 3 month wait before you and your girls can follow. That is a typical time frame for him to get here, apply & receive his iquama, and then apply for your visa to follow. That is of course if his career choice allows for a family visa at all.