Need expert advise on new employment visa

Dear Members of the community,

I request you to please reply with your expert advise on my below condition and if possible, with details-

1.  I accepted an offer from a local  company in oman in feb 2015. As per the employment agreement, i have to join the firm on or before 15 march 2015.  An employment visa was then issued on my name on 23 march 2015. but even after getting my visa, my employer was not very keen on calling me to oman and they continuously delayed my joining date with no assurance on the joining date. during the waiting period for my joining, i got an offer from another reputed firm but as a visa had already been issued on my name, i was not able to join the proposed firm till today,

So based on the present  circumstances, i request you all to please clarify my below mentioned doubts, in detail if possible

a) my visa expiry date is 22.06.2015. After expiry of my visa, do i still need some kind of release letter/ NOC from my previous employer in order to get another employment visa from another firm.
b) if i do need NOC/ release letter from my employer and they refuse to issue the same, can i approach the ministry of manpower to resolve the issue as the fault was with my employer. please clarify
c) after expiry of my issued visa, how soon my new employer can apply for a new visa.
d) i have not entered oman on the previously issued visa, so the 2 year ban will be effective in my case also?
e) if my new employer have required labour clearance, how soon a new visa can be issued ( considering time taken for certificate and medical report attestation)?

f) I heard that if my previous employer collects my issued visa from royal oman police office, then the visa validity is increased to another 3 months, please confirm. the same.

g) The issued employment visa will automatically expires after the expiry date or the employer has to cancel the same after expiry date. please confirm

a detailed answer will help me out more and i sincerely looking forward for your help regarding the same.

Please reply me as soon as possible

Please reply dear members of the forum.
I am awaiting a detailed response regarding my situation

sharma06 wrote:

Please reply dear members of the forum.
I am awaiting a detailed response regarding my situation

Sharmaji
Its unusual that your employer 'delayed' your joining after getting you a visa! Though I am not an expert in these matters, I don't think you need NOC from your employer as you did not make use of the Visa.
Instead of imploringly requesting in this forum :sosad: , why don't you go ahead with the new job opportunity & ask your new employer to find a solution?!! :unsure After all its their job to get you a visa!
All the best! Stay in touch!
:cheers:

sharma06,

First and foremost please understand that this is a voluntary forum. No one is expected or obliged to respond to anybody's query, until and unless they so wish.

You have been hounding members in the forum with your posts and private messages, to give you answers, and that too detailed explanations and urgently. Your issues are most important to only you. Not to all the forum members. So please stop hounding the forum members

Find my brief comments below :

a) my visa expiry date is 22.06.2015. After expiry of my visa, do i still need some kind of release letter/ NOC from my previous employer in order to get another employment visa from another firm. - Since you have not utilised that visa, you are not technically committed to the first company. The very same question posted by somebody else has already been answered in detail in the forum. Please locate it and get the details.

b) if i do need NOC/ release letter from my employer and they refuse to issue the same, can i approach the ministry of manpower to resolve the issue as the fault was with my employer. please clarify - No. Without being in Oman, you can do absolutely nothing. Whether you are in the right or wrong.

c) after expiry of my issued visa, how soon my new employer can apply for a new visa. - Immediately.

d) i have not entered oman on the previously issued visa, so the 2 year ban will be effective in my case also? - The rule is only for those who are already in the Sultanate and exit after cancelling their employment visa. If you have not even entered the country, how can this rule apply for you ?

e) if my new employer have required labour clearance, how soon a new visa can be issued ( considering time taken for certificate and medical report attestation)? - Usually about 1 working week. But now during the holy month of Ramadan it could be longer. All these queries have been answered in detail in the forum. Why can't you just help yourself to the wealth of information that is available there ??

f) I heard that if my previous employer collects my issued visa from royal oman police office, then the visa validity is increased to another 3 months, please confirm. the same. - No.

g) The issued employment visa will automatically expires after the expiry date or the employer has to cancel the same after expiry date. please confirm - It expires automatically. But recently I noticed some forum member informing me that the sponsor has to get it cancelled.

Dear Members,
Thanks for your valuable comments but my main doubt is still not cleared that whether i will need noc from my previous employer or not?

Secondly if there is a requirement of noc, what will be the correct way of approaching the firm for noc?

sharma06 wrote:

Dear Members,
Thanks for your valuable comments but my main doubt is still not cleared that whether i will need noc from my previous employer or not?

Secondly if there is a requirement of noc, what will be the correct way of approaching the firm for noc?

Hi sharma06,

Your first employer will not hand you over an NOC, whether you need it or not simply because, if they give an NOC they will lose their job clearance for that position. That means, the employer cannot appoint another expatriate for the job and would have to necessarily fill up that slot by giving that job to an Omani.

So no employer in his right mind would give any employee an NOC, unless it is mandated.