New to Forum; not new to PR

Hello to All,

I'm 71 and only semi-retired as I run an Internet business and work every day.

I lived and worked many, many years ago at Colegio Sagrado Corazon.  If you've been in PR awhile, you know that this is in Santurce. I was lucky enough to live in the Condado.  In the 70s, I'm sure it was all very different.  Had an American doc (old Ashford Medical Center) and never gave a thought about crime.

I see many of you are braver than me.  I see on couple has closed a home.  I'd like to do that, too, but the two big concerns are crime and doc flight, leaving poor medical care in their wake.  Last article on this was 2015, so docs continue to leave the island.  Can't blame them but doc fix should have solved the Medicare problem.

Anyway, would like to hear from those of you who have or have not had problems finding adequate medical care as Medicare beneficiaries, particular those of you from the west side.

D. Martin

Welcome, Seoulguy!  I'm not an expat yet hope to soon.  Some have had good experiences and some not so much.  They will come along and elaborate, I'm sure.

Thanks for joining the forum, D. Martin. I'm always interested in first-hand accounts of what life in PR was like before the drug trade and family breakdown took their tolls on society. Of course, I hear such things from my in-laws and Puerto Rican friends but it's nice to get a "North Americans" point of view as well.