I need to buy a car quickly, what options do I have ?

I will need a small/cheap car ( up to 1200 E ) . My job contract will start with 1st of July.
Until 1st of August I don't have a permanent address in Malta. I have my National ID ( EU  country  ).
What options do I have?
Can I register the car with current situation ?

thank you,
Daniel

hire a car until such time you have your e-id?

nicknamero wrote:

I will need a small/cheap car ( up to 1200 E ) . My job contract will start with 1st of July.
Until 1st of August I don't have a permanent address in Malta. I have my National ID ( EU  country  ).
What options do I have?
Can I register the car with current situation ?

thank you,
Daniel

Just one month?
Hire a car.

Terry

ok, then my next question:
With Maltese address ( long let contract ) and EU Passport/ID..can I buy / register a car ?
or do I need the eResidence card? - as I understood , this could take a while until is ready.

nicknamero wrote:

ok, then my next question:
With Maltese address ( long let contract ) and EU Passport/ID..can I buy / register a car ?
or do I need the eResidence card? - as I understood , this could take a while until is ready.

According to others you now need  an EID to register a car in your name.

Terry

It is EU law that you have to have a legal address ( residency) in the country that you register a car in the EU.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

It is EU law that you have to have a legal address ( residency) in the country that you register a car in the EU.

Cheers
Ricky

There is in fact no EU legislation, each individual country sets its own requirements.....

"There is no EU‑wide law on vehicle registration. The following information reflects the practices in many member countries"

.http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/registration/formalities/index_en.htm

Terry

Malta has just in the last month changed the rules - you now need a local ID number or have proof of having applied for your eResidence card to buy a car (well, not to buy the car, but to register having bought the car, effectively the same thing)