Looking for a job in UAE

Hello to everyone! I want to move and work in UAE as a personal assistant or secretary. Although,  I am sending many cvs every day from job positions  I find from several sites,  there is no response yet. Any tips please? I have lived in Iraq for two years so I  know many about the Arabic culture,  etc. Thank you in advance. Fay.

submitting your cvs to online jobs only, normally wont earn you any good response as most online jobs tends to be scams. On the other side this companies receive a thousand Cvs a day from different applicants and chances of yours being picked is 1 out of the 1000.

My Advice to you is you should come to the U.A.E and fish for jobs as most do. With your background and nationality, it wont be hard to find a job.

Thank you for your reply. I have added my cv to several sites such as Bayt, Indeed, and I also send it if I find a job position that matches my criteria. I am thinking to come there but from where to start? I mean I should have a plan on where to search. Are there any newspapers publishing adds in English, or there is another way? Thank you again for your time.

send me your cv

As i have experienced submitting cv's on line is just a fraction in landing a job in the U.A.E. if you want my advice, you can come here for a month find a place and do what is called "walk ins" where you walk in to offices and ask to submit your cv. That's what most expatriates do here. There are even companies who post job offers and demand all interested applicants to come directly to their offices for an interview, with that you can go and compete with other potential job seekers already here and land your dream job.

Fyi most employers like to employ locally then getting one from outside the country.

Thank you for your reply. This is something that i am  thinking and i will do  but as i dont know anybody there and its the first time visiting the area i have to know "something" before i come.

Hi Fay,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you browse through the Jobs in Dubai section and drop your resume in the work sector that you feel more comfortable doing please :)

Another option is to travel to the United Arab Emirate for a month or two and you can try and do the old school way which is dropping your resume in person in the offices and ask if the boss is around and if it happen he or she is here you can get an interview well easy say but worth a try - and it will show your determinations and motivations  :happy:

Be careful when submitting your resume to people you barely know please as it contain all your personal information and details - be sure that the person asking you for your resume is genuine and trustworthy  :cool:

Please check out those articles as well :

- Find a job in Dubai from abroad
- Find a job in Dubai
- Working in Dubai
- Working in the United Arab Emirates

Wishing you the best of luck with everything  :happy:

Keep it up with job hunt !

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi Maximilien. Thank you so much for your advice and for your time.

Hello Fay,

I have exactly the same problem. For several months now I am looking through online jobs and apply to some of them and as already mentioned above, there must be hundreds of applies to such jobs. I have like you a good background in IT and also try to find something but from around 100 or even more applies, I did get 2 negative feedback. From the others, haven't heard a word.

I try now to use some contacts hoping to find something and am also playing with the thought, to go to UAE for a month and do the "walk in" but on the other hand, it is not that easy for me, to take a whole month for a job search. But I assume, it is the best thing to do.

I wish you all the best with your search and hope you will be successful soon.

Is there someone out there, that searches by any chances a guy to work in IT as a Team Leader or in Project Management ? Thanx a lot,

Mike

Hi Mike,
I supposed that going there is the best to do but we need to check all the parameters before doing this as it is a big step. For sure we need some contacts before we go there. For me is the first time going there so i dont know from where to start etc.
Please let me know when you decide to go for searching. In my opinion is better to go after Ramadan as everything goes slowly now.
Best of luck.
Fay

please pm me, i will guide you and need your details.

Hey Fay,

How is your searching going so far ? Any luck ?

I decided to go to UAE, beginning of next year, trying my luck...

Have you got anything ?

Greets,

Mike

hi Mike,
so far nothing. For sure is better to search for a job been already at a place. But for me is difficult to go alone at a new place. Good luck if you try it.
regards,
Fay

NOw i know why i cldnt get any JOb online in Dubai. Anyway im going this August with the help of my brother in Sharjah to find a job.

Hi. I really dont get their point since they don't mention that only UAE residents can apply. Of course there are some that they mention it so its clear that you should not apply. Good luck!

Hi!,
    I'm looking for job in Dubai and has been trying since past three months through job portals and till now haven't got much response,some of my colleagues in my current company suggested  me to go on a visit visa and try the jobs there...how high are the chances of getting job if i directly approach the companies  rather than through online job portals..please guide..

applying for jobs while inside the uae you will receive better results.. if you consider visiting then you may issue a local number, and try to submit your cv at insurance companies. good chance..

thank you for your reply. of course this could be the ideal but for how long can somebody stay in UAE looking for a job? there is no guarantee that i will find even if i come as i have nobody there and the cost of living is too much high.  i could come if i could book some interviews. this is what i am trying to do.

Trust me chances of receiving response for your job application while you are in UAE will be much higher than outside, come to uae, stay for a couple of months, I'm sure you will receive a decent job offers..
UAE is very safe a beautiful country, coming here does not really require you to know any one.

Besides, this is life sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

Hi there! Is there any one who knows how could I get  sponsor in dubai? I don't have any friends who can sponsor me. I am planning also to look for a job once I get there.

There is this hotel sponsoring thing that I have read. Is it okay to avail it?

Thank you.

Wonderingboutlife,

dont wonder no more...

the best thing you should do is come on a visit visa for 2 months, I grantee you will find a job. maybe not a dream job, but as a start.

One thing about the people of Philippine, is they are likable, and many companies like to hire them.

you dont realy need to know any one here, you can always visit your consulate in Dubai, they do have some networking every Friday, make friends and they surely will help you.

good luck

thank you for your reply.
regarding the Philippinos i could agree with you, but the real reason is that they are cheaper than Westerns.

Hi im a filipina currently working here in Kuwait now and im planning that after my contract is finished here I will go directly to Dubai as a tourist and of course look for a job also.. do I need to have tourist visa first before I go Dubai or I can apply a visa when I arrive. How much its cost anyway?? Thank you very much...

Ckyrah wrote:

Hi im a filipina currently working here in Kuwait now and im planning that after my contract is finished here I will go directly to Dubai as a tourist and of course look for a job also.. do I need to have tourist visa first before I go Dubai or I can apply a visa when I arrive. How much its cost anyway?? Thank you very much...

Yes you will need to apply for visa before entering. Am sure you can find a lot of travel agencies who can help you secure a tourist visa to the u.a.e.  there in Kuwait. As for price it varies from your stay...the one month tourist is different from the 3 months visiting visa..in your case I suggest you get the 3 months visa and prepare a maximum of 2000 Aed.

i'm in abu dhabi since 15 days and i have applied and dropped CV's in more than dozens of companies in architectural and interior design firms and till now no luck.i have updated my CV with local no and address,still no call for interviews...i have 7 yrs experience in india as 3d visualizer but still i'm finding it hard to find the job.My visit visa is expiring next month and i have to return empty handed.Some of my relatives here in abu dhabi and dubai suggested me to continue the local sim in india on roaming,i might get call.Is that so...???will they call???and this month coming week there are 5 days off..so no scene of getting interview call.

hiii
i applied so many times but still no reply too((
but decided to go there and search it
u r doing good if u want to visit there i think)
its a waste of time  if we will just apply outside

hi,
a friend is there more than 15 days. he goes to interviews every day, still no luck. I really dont know what is the best to do.
Good luck.
Fay

Fay&Kira wrote:

hi,
a friend is there more than 15 days. he goes to interviews every day, still no luck. I really dont know what is the best to do.
Good luck.
Fay

You will be disappointed if you are expecting an immediate response since the process is very slow in this country. Try your level best and sometimes, you may need to extend the duration of stay. Keep in mind, all the people who are working in this country were candidates at a time.

anuragtopno wrote:

i'm in abu dhabi since 15 days and i have applied and dropped CV's in more than dozens of companies in architectural and interior design firms and till now no luck.i have updated my CV with local no and address,still no call for interviews...i have 7 yrs experience in india as 3d visualizer but still i'm finding it hard to find the job.My visit visa is expiring next month and i have to return empty handed.Some of my relatives here in abu dhabi and dubai suggested me to continue the local sim in india on roaming,i might get call.Is that so...???will they call???and this month coming week there are 5 days off..so no scene of getting interview call.

Hang in there pal, i have seen people land a job 3 days to their departure. And yes getting your sim card on Roaming, does help as it takes time for some employers to get down to your resume.

flex14 wrote:
anuragtopno wrote:

Hang in there pal, i have seen people land a job 3 days to their departure. And yes getting your sim card on Roaming, does help as it takes time for some employers to get down to your resume.

Thanks flex14,
                       with your answer i'm finding some hope.anyways thanx a lot.

Hi Fay and all job seekers,

I've experienced the same problem of sending hundreds resumes on job portal and few answers but not serious. I have been thinking a long time and I decided to go to UAE to look for a job there and I will do everything to sign an offer. I went to UAE embassy in Belgium to valide my certificates and they told me that many people go to UAE to apply for a job there and this is the best solution as companies prefer to hire locally even if you have to change your visa after signing your offer. Could anybody just provide any company name or recruitment agency to visit in UAE looking for a job of process engineer or project engineer in petro-chemical industries.

Wish you the best.

Abdelmajide.

mporeis na meineis 3 mines

hello. everybody says go there and search. which is ok but if you have never been there before and dont know anybody i guess its really difficult.

Prospathisa an exeis merika xromata kabatza ependisete

kamarianakimaria wrote:

Prospathisa an exeis merika xromata kabatza ependisete

You will be appreciated if you text this in English. Since we are in English forum, everybody need to understand what you are conveying about.  :)

Wonderingboutlife wrote:

Hi there! Is there any one who knows how could I get  sponsor in dubai? I don't have any friends who can sponsor me. I am planning also to look for a job once I get there.

There is this hotel sponsoring thing that I have read. Is it okay to avail it?

Thank you.

Since your nationality is Philippines, you need a sponsor to avail the visa. A sponsor can be airlines, hotels, family members or friends. Which means, hotels can sponsor you. Best of luck :)

Fay&Kira wrote:

hello. everybody says go there and search. which is ok but if you have never been there before and dont know anybody i guess its really difficult.

It's not a difficult task for you. Your nationality is Greece, so you can avail visa on arrival for 30 days without any charges and there is no prior arrangements to be taken. This country is one of the safest countries in the world which you can go for a walk even in the midnight. So, no worries about your security. If you are worried about your accommodation, the following link will help you to find the suitable one for you

www.dubizzle.com

Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead. If you lose, you can guide. Wish you best of luck :)