Apple MacBook

Hey guys!

I'm currently traveling through China. I need to get a new laptop. I want to get an Apple MacBook. I have been told that they're very expensive to buy here - much more than what it would cost to buy in Canada.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone knows if it makes more sense to buy one in China and suck up the extra cost or if I should have someone buy one back in Canada and ship it to me. I'm wondering if the cost of shipping is going to be the difference of me just buying one here.

Has anyone come across this or have any info to help me make a decision?

Thanks!

not only  the cost of shipping .It may be need to pay taxes to gov. I'm not sure about that

I wouldn't  buy in mainland china...hope you visa is Multi Entry....go to HK prices are much better and you will buy original...not a fake.....Ive lived in china for more than 5 years...so Im just giving you good advise..ok
James

Thanks James, I appreciate the advice, that's exactly what I was looking for. I thought things would be pricier in HK.

yes they are ...and you can buy the real thing....and at the moment there are reasonable discounts....so bargain well my friend...
James

Yup, go to HK and buy from Apple Store at IFC Mall or Apple Store at Causeway Way. Those Apple Stores can guarantee you genuine Apple Products. I went there last month and was informed there are fake apple products now on sale in HK but not at a scale like in mainland China. And whatever you do and wherever you go, Do Not Lose the original purchase receipts. Apple Store and Apple service centers will not entertain replacement or repair issues if you don't have any proof of purchase.

There are no discounts for Apple Products at any Apple Stores. If they do offer discounts, I suggest you verify the status of that store. You probably will get a fake Apple Product from Stores and shops offering discounts. The only discounts I know are from Apple Employees buying Apple products. But finding people to help buy for you at discounts only Apple Inc. can offer is as tough as living in China if you don't speak Chinese or eat Chinese food swimming in oil or laced with chillies.

well I wasn't about to drop names  but..its already been done...Apple Store at Causeway Way. is the best place to buy....and whilst you are in the store you can register your Purchase using you new Mac book....you will then be issued with another License number..print it off and keep it... 1) you have just verified that you have bought original.... and 2)..it guarantees you service world wide.....and for those who dont think there are discounts available...,,you are right..they aren't advertised...however ask ..and see what happens...i have several times...and I know what price I have finished paying... and guys..its well below list price...
James...

How long are you planning on spending in China? I would make sure that you really do have worldwide  service as my experience is that only the country in which it was purchased seems interested in fixing them under warranty. If you get it sent from Canada, you might want to send it without any original packaging to avoid getting charged Tax by China so it appears as if it is not a new one. It is a risk that you take. Also because of the battery in it, it might need to be shipped in a pressurized cabin (to avoid fire hazards of the battery catching fire in the low pressure cargo cabin) which costs more, it gets very expensive. The best way is to have a friend to bring on over. Overall, I would suggest getting it here unless your stay here is short. Just make sure you get it from a real Apple store.

As Apple Store clarified, phones are tegional issue so can only be repaired and or replaced from the country and store it was purchased. However, computers are accepted worldwide for any sort of issues like defexts or damages.