Reliable Real Estate Agencies

I've recently  contacted 2 real estate agencies asking questions about houses  I've seen on their site.

I was asking about the area that these homes were in. I got a very, non descriptive response from both of them.

I asked both another question and never heard back from either one. Is this what they do ?

Or did I just happen to choose  the 2 worst real estate agencies ?

I then contacted Reliable Reality on  Plaza Artistica Ave. ? I believe.

And the female owner I've been in touch with has been great. Does anyone know this area ?

Can I go by her word that they are reputable?  Are THEY in a good area ? Do they have a good reputation  ?

I'll be visiting short term, for a month very soon  to check out some areas and dont want to stay in a resort, I want an apartment .

If I'm happy with this realty,  I'll go back to them in the future of course.

Real Estate here is the wild wild west.  IT is tough to find a good realtor who will communicate.  They are around you just have to dig. Remind me what area of the country you are looking at?

First punta cana. Also.. from what I can see on the map,  La Romana looks like its worth a look as well.

Actually, i have another question. I often check resort and hotel reviews for their thoughts on the area. Some people in a resort on the beach in La Romana mentioned murky, brown beach water. Do you know anything about the water or that area ?

With real estate agencies you also have to remember besides no regulations at all there is NO MLS system here so most properties are listed with multiple agencies.  Because of this they do not want to give out too much information to keep you from going to another agency.  If another agency sells a property even if  you have it listed you  get NO commissions.

Bob K

That makes a lot of sense,  thank you.

You are welcome

BObK

People in resorts rarely go off resort to check out the area.  One comment about the water is no big deal if we have had a bit of a storm.

I live in La Romana and happy to tell you about the area.  I do like it here!!!  Punta Cana isn't really my thing - not Dominican enough for me.

It can be stressful reading the reviews because you may have 3 people talking about the water at the beach of the resort and many who don't mention it. If it was that bad, why wasn't everyone complaining about it, right ? Anyway, yes it looks like ill be checking out La Romana as well.

Cool. And just for you I will go check out the beach tomorrow!!! It is Sunday after all.

:)

Sounds like a tough job coming up tomorrow.  I know because I have to do it every Tuesday on Sosua beach. Such a tough job that sometimes I cannot get it done in one day and I to go a second day to check it out.

Bob K

Yes Bob its a tough job, but somebody has to do it..............   in my case the other 6 days I work. You have to bear the brunt on this one Bob, you need to go more often.......

I keep telling Pat that two days is not enough to check out all the sand and water on the beach. I surely need three :D:D:D

Bob K

Sunday morning found me walking the beach. It was quite  overcast which made it NICE.  Beach is clean, water is clear.  No issues today....   Then when too many people started arriving...........I left. I prefer mid week, so will take 1/2 day off to go to the beach!  Who wants to come???

Glad you got to unwind a bit.

Bob K

Sort of honey.   Its how I do it.....LOL  I Have a very very hard time doing nothing.