Taiwanese living in Tapei - Practice English and Making friends

Hello, I'm happy to meet you member on this forum.

I'm Taiwanese and live in Taipei , had not a real English name , My friend just call me Engine Lin because my Chinese name's pronunciation like it.

I'm not a good student at English class even reading the texts more then twice. But I like English, Use it to communication with people, Read the child's story book, Listen music, Watching Regular Show( An interesting Cartoon)…etc.

If you talk to me , you will find I don't know any grammar(like this message) and no many vocabulary. Cause' I'm don't memorize any vocabulary word (I'm totally hate the way to student English ) and just reading English story book a lot . So, talk to me maybe is a difficulty mission......haha .

I can provided Chinese expat, Play basketball or board games together, Chat about animation or movie and a gym partner.

I want to practice English for listen and speak skill and more important is make a friend with you.

Hi Engine Lee

Lin and Lee is different word when you translate it to Chinese anyway, lol.
Happy to know you Bethany Rose.

I stand corrected Engine Lin . Please feel free to chat with me if you want to practice English.

I know, I'm just want be humor but this not funny.
Sorry about that.
No correction in here.
I'm make more mistakes of grammars and words then you of course.

Hi Engine Lin,
I am doing an online marketing and I need your help to translate something to Mandarin. I would like to send you the link via whatsapp. ***. I am on viber as well. I would appreciate if you could help me wirh this. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.

Beth.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your personal contact on the forum for security measures.

Hi Engine Lin,

I created a new thread from your post on the Taipei forum so that your post gain in visibility and hopefully, you will get more interactions with members on this forum.

How are you doing so far ? I see that you are very keen into improving your English, keep it up!  ;)

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Thank you so much, Bhavna ,I'm appreciated you did it for me.

Actually, I hate learning English when I was a high school student.  But now, I find English is very interesting when you reading novel, communicate with other peoples and watch movies.

So now, I learn English very hard and want to live in America or Canada a half of year.

Bethany Rose, I will add your Whatapp when I go home tonight and help your online marketing as possible as I can.

Hello Engine Lin,

You are most welcomed. :cheers:

Oh it's never too late to learn, specially a language  ;)

Well i hope you succeed in your projects of going to Canada or the USA.

In the meantime, listening to music (english), watching english movies and series are indeed good means of grasping the language.

all the best, ;)
Bhavna

Hi, I want to find a good base spot in Taiwan firstly to get dental work done , and some general surfing, just under 5 foot stuff general cruisey Malibu surfing for an ageing surfer , I will travel afterwards around Taiwan . I'm also a trained school teacher of 30 years if anyone want to share the better spots.Ive been spoilt as I live at th beach in oz and like to avoid really over the top crowds (don't laugh too much) .I love to play music and sing , as I'm in a music jam every week in oz .

I could consider living in Taiwan , one to learn mandarin , which I can't seem to do in oz, two to broaden my teaching experience , and three to learn Chinese culture , as I'd rather learn it in Taiwan than China.regards to all and I would appreciate any communications re Taiwan .Scott

Dental work should be fine around Taiwans government hospitals who can refer you I guess, great prices with National Health Insurance.

Cruisy even small waves checkout Fulong Beach near Taipei and Waiao Beach, friendly place that rents boards and has rooms to rent is Rising Sun Surf Inn they also have a website...

You Re welcome engine am currentlly in taiwan hope we can meet and hangout sometimes how bout u Drop me ur contact number we hangout