What is it like over there?want to come out to teach for a while

Hi my name is Tom.

I am thinking about coming out to Shanghia to teach English. What is it like over there? I've been to South Korea a few times but never China but I really want to come out to teach for a while.

Hello, Tom!

My husband and I are living in a town near Shanghai. We met a Brighton lad in Thailand 3 years ago...

We have been working here for two years, we stay because it's great. We are South Africans and here's a British girl from South Port working at one of the public schools, she'll stay for another year too.

My boss is looking to recruit more EFL instructors so let me know if you're keen on working in Nantong for a year or two... for us it has been an 'all expenses paid' deal :)

Hello Tomtdr3,

Welcome to the Shanghai forum, i created a new thread from your post so that you can get better interactions and responses from members of the Shanghai forum.

When are you planning to come to China ?

Best of luck,
Bhavna :)

Dear Tom,
I've been to both Seoul and Shanghai, and I can say that they are very comparable in terms of what they have to offer for young people. While Seoul is obviously more Americanised, Shanghai is also quite modern, and has a lot of events going on, as well as plenty of western bars if you feel homesick at all. I had several friends teaching English in Shanghai both from the states and the UK, and they all enjoyed it, kept extending their visas, and ended up staying for 3 years or more.
If you want to get more of a flavour of how Shanghai is like, I made a video to help show people exactly that! http://youtu.be/K7_IUJpmDSc
Hope this helps in your decision making
All the best
Eva