Know Before You Go - Arrival & Transport in Bali!

Getting to Bali for the first time can be a stressful & nerve-racking experience, especially if you have no-one to meet you at the airport! Here are some tips in a blog post I wrote about getting to the airport and what to expect price-wise for certain things you will need upon arrival & shortly thereafter. Hope it helps

Bali; Know Before You GO! Arrival & Transport

Cheers,

Steve

Nice one Steve! JW

Has anyone actually visited Bali after reading this post? Would be interested to hear if my post was useful/wildly inaccurate!

cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve, now that I see it,this is a good basic prep for first timers to Bali, esp the bank notes. Can you believe I actually had a colleague who changed money before coming to Bali only to realise she got Thai baht instead..that, too, only when she was about to purchase something and realised her rupiah has got..wings! Haha! Anyway..I think for Rp. 300,000 you can get a driver on top of the car rental for a day no?

Hi there,
I think you can get a driver + car for 300,000 a day but I have only done it once and that was back in 2009 when I first arrived!

Pretty funny about getting Thai Baht - I'm sure that friend felt pretty silly with that one! There's plenty of ATMs here also so no need to get a lot before arriving.

cheers,
Steve

I'd say you can only get a driver for at least 400,000Rp these days. Also, the exchange rate is good if you are goin to Indonesia from Australia, the USA or UK as you get a lot more for your money at the moment!

I was in Bali recently and will be back there soon to work, here is a list of the different forms of transport and what you can expect to pay in Bali for 2012 prices.. plus some other tips :)http://www.bali-hotel-link.com/bali-transport.html