Coming to Manama in September, we need more informations please !

Hi,

I 'm going to study in Manama for one year starting with September. We are a group of colleagues from a French university and we will integrate the Ahlia University in Manama.

I'll have a budget of approximately 700-800 euros per month.  I also need to rent a fully furnished three bedroom flat with a couple of colleagues. Would all that be possible? Would I live comfortably with such a budget? What is the monthly cost of living in Manama?

Also, I would much appreciate it if you could give me any additional information on Manama in general, and especially on the Hoora neighbourhood.

Thank you in advance for your help!  :)

Best Regards,
Léo

Hello,

Kindly go through these posts, which will give you an idea about what you have asked for...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960  : Definitive Guide to Bahrain for New Expats
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 6#p2488256 : top 5 tips bahrain
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 07#2522261 : cost of living area wise

good luck

T&R

Hello Salut,

I Have made few friends few years ago who were at the same situation as you ( also French-studying in Ahlia Uni)
Alors si tu veux tu peux m écrire un message en prive et je te passerai le mail  de ce person, il serai content de pouvoir te donner des informations.

to answer your questions regarding accommodation, it is of course possible to rent a furnished three bedroom flat. Regarding the budget I think its possible but its better to double check with one of my french friends and do consider renting a shared car from time to time, otherwise  it can get boring... ( so look into the French driving licences etc..)

Regards,
EA

3 bed properties have rocketed in price. 2 beds are still cheap though.
Also you have to choose carefully which area you want to live in and whose name the lease goes in to.

Average for 2 bed is around BD450
Average for 3 bed is around BD 750

Re: Need advise on salary

I would advise doing a quick estimate of how much you would spend in a month to see if you salary matches this. A website that I found to be very helpful is:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … ity=Manama

It is only a guide but it should allow you to roughly work out how much living costs will be, I would multiply the amount you work out by 1.3 to be on the safe side. I hope this helps :)

Thanks man,

It seem that the food is not that expensive, It's a good news, could you give for example how much a 1Kg of rice cost ?

If you live in Manama can you tell me  how the life looks like there ? People are nice, not stressed x) ?  There is activities for 2x years old people ? Are you happy to live in Manama ?

Thanks to take time for me :)

Leo

I have found food is cheaper than the UK (from what I've heard Bahrain is the cheapest in the gulf) apart from alcohol and big brands such as Heinz. As I said the website I used to look at living costs was:
www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_r … ry=Bahrain

which says that rice is 0.72BD for a Kg there is a long list there of foods and other services and goods which have a rough costing.

The lifestyle here is very good and I am really enjoying myself. I live in Seef which is just outside Manama, but its only 10 minute drive to get there, where most of the night life and restaurants are situated.

The Bahraini people are very nice and welcoming. You will find a large percentage of the population are expats (Americans, British, Indians and Filipinos mainly) with lots of clubs, sports and activities available for all kinds of people.

I am not sure what you mean by 2x years old people? If you mean people in there 20's there is more than enough to do here to keep you entertained. If you mean you have children I don't know as I do not have a family yet.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks you very much for these informations !

I don't have kids yet haha we are just student coming to Manama for studies and enjoy our time in Bahrain ^^

Anyway I think I will enjoy Manama and to meet a lot of people.

Thank again for your answers, that was very helpfull :)

No problem leo.

Hope you enjoy your time here :D