First contract -Renting Legally with registered contract of 6 month?

Hello,

I will move to Brussele this autumn and I have already found a flat to rent for the first 6 months. I want to sign a contract with the landloard and I don't know how realy do it. I've read some informations about how to rent in Belgium but all that I found are infos about renting  for 1/3/9 years.  Is it possible to rent in Belgium, legally with registered contract for 6 month?

if the landlord agrees, contract for any duration is legal (after all it is a civil contract between two individuals) :) In general, landlords (aka house owners) prefer longer term contracts (also called the standard contracts 1/3/9). In the areas where there is a lot of expat population, some owners agree for short term contracts.

It is certainly possible to have shorter lease if both parties agree to it.

If I were you, I would just ask my future landlord to send me the rent agreement via email (signed and scanned). Of course, he might ask you to pay the usual deposits etc. upfront before signing a contract with you.

Then you could print the docs he sent you and sign them too - voila! there's your rent agreement.

This is what I did for my German long term visa, and Belgium visa is no different. If scans and email don't work, ask the rent agreement to be posted to you (if your landlord is that cooperating). My husband posted me the signed rental agreement.