Best Places/Clubs/Sports Clubs/Social Clubs in Maputo?

Hi there

I'm looking to moving to Maputo in the next few months. I'm an English speaking South African. where are the best places/clubs/sports clubs/social clubs etc to make friends and get involved in Maputo expat life?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

I am unfamiliar with the blog and cant see the responses of people. I am in a similar situation, could you please send me the recommended places/clubs and social clubs in Maputo.

I arrived last Sunday and so far I have not dont much turism.

Thanks in advance for any info

Diana C

Hi, try looking at internations Maputo. You meet people there and get more ideas/invites about other events, etc. You may also go to 'Associacao franco-mocambicano' in town or check it out on Facebook. They have really cool events with a multi-cultural participation.

Lol internations only has one group in maputo that meet twice a year. :( I have got in contact with the cultural centre that you said. Its pretty cool.

Hi, internations in Maputo meet every month.I often go to the events myself and receive the newsletter monthly letting me know of their next event. You may also look on Facebook for events and places. There are so many; it all depends what you are looking for...