How much can be to build a house?

how much can be cost build a house, mixed with cement and wood, for example floor made in wood. 2 floor , 40 squarmeter

ask a builder where ur going to build it

Get estimates from builders / contractors. Be prepared to spend more than what they estimated. If an estimate sounds too good to be true, it is.

The cost of building a house depends on so many things: who you pick to build, how long it will take to build, what materials and finishing / fixtures you want to use, how many times you (or your wife / gf) change your mind on something, the weather, etc. In the end, you will know how much building your house will cost when you're already done building it.

my friend is selling her condo in taguig you might be interested

yes it is true but usually peopple that build house o who already builded one, them know how much cost a simple house half in cement and half in wood.

giovannigio wrote:

how much can be cost build a house, mixed with cement and wood, for example floor made in wood. 2 floor , 40 squarmeter

You ask for straight answer here it is. Being you are an expat or foreigners as they put it here you will get different prices. One reason is if you let the contractor know he's being compared to others he will get with them and they will do the old high low. Everyone will go very high so you will go with him then he splits the profit with them...very common here.

Another is many (mainly westerners) will talk big shot and get took for being paumpus and arrogant. Don't be like that. Be direct and firm and for goodness sakes don't tell people your plans to build a house. Every one of them will insist their cousin uncle nephew brother can do this or that...its all about payola here buddy you have no friends. They all get kickback and its your money being spread like butter. Then at the end of the say you will be dissatisfied and angry.

I just simply rode around and observed the houses that are under construction here and there are plenty. I was always allowed to walk around and observe. I noticed some were moving along very well and others very slow. I hired the contractor who was doing the best work. Because I developed a relationship with him by asking to see his other houses both finished and still under construction I feel in my heart that he was genuine and it paid off big time.

You can find me on my face book by using my email address in the search. I have 20 pics of my new home under construction. The price so far 470k with another 300k left. I pay as he goes, which means as he finish one thing then I pay and he gets the supplies to go right into the next.

Now if by chance the first estimate was too low or there was a material price change he informs me. Such as my tiles were reduced from 38 pesos to 34. Big especially since I needed 1200..
He saved me money...

Do the math, less than 800k for a 3bdr, 2b, kitchen dining and living room. Also check out the view... Awesome.

"[email protected]"

5k. sqm @ 60 pesos per sqm.

thanks for right information yes you are right, i agree with you

sirrobcentral wrote:

Do the math, less than 800k for a 3bdr, 2b, kitchen dining and living room. Also check out the view... Awesome.

Nice house. Does the 800k already include finishings? . . . tiles, bathroom fixtures (toilets, sink, bathtub, etc), cabinetry, kitchen sink, staircase railings, lights and lighting fixtures, windows, etc. Or is that just for the structure?

Building a house is a long process. Whether you will get a builder who will handle everything or hire an engineer / architect who will supervise workers, you will need to devote time for visiting, inspecting, supervising.

First of all, you have to know whether you can legally build on the property (who owns it? how big is it? what are the boundaries?) Your first costs would probably be getting a true certified copy of the title and having the land surveyed. Minimum distance (or "setback") from the perimeter of the property to the sides of the house without needing to build a firewall is 2 meters on the left, right and rear and 4 meters at front.

The problem is you will attract attention and people will start recommending as what sirrobcentral said "Every one of them will insist their cousin uncle nephew brother can do this or that..." So, once you've surveyed the property, just act like you are not interested anymore in building. Find a "reason" . . . it smells, too itchy, bad juju, whatever, to get them off your back. ("I have no money" is not believable to many.) Wait until the buzz dies down.

But for the meantime, you can start planning secretly, gathering ideas, researching construction processes and materials. Considering the boundaries of the land, draw up a floor plan for your house on a graphing paper. This is what you can present later on to an architect whom you will need to draft the plans for your house. I recommend putting a bedroom and bath on the ground floor, as it gets harder to go upstairs as one ages.
. . . .

After the survey, your next expense would be for architectural plans, which will include electrical,plumbing, roof, etc. You will then need to apply and pay for application fees for a building permit. In addition to the plans, there will be other requirements you will need to submit to city hall, such as barangay clearance, land survey, HOA clearance, etc. You can have the architect do this (you have to pay extra), or do it yourself. (Considering you're a foreigner, I suggest you have the architect do this.) You might also want to apply for electrical and water connection.

FilAmericanMom wrote:
sirrobcentral wrote:

Nice house. Does the 800k already include finishings? . . . tiles, bathroom fixtures (toilets, sink, bathtub, etc), cabinetry, kitchen sink, staircase railings, lights and lighting fixtures, windows, etc. Or is that just for the structure?

That 800k is for everything. I get to pic what I want as far a cabinets, fixtures, and all. That helps keep costs under control

FilAmericanMom wrote:

After the survey, your next expense would be for architectural plans, which will include electrical,plumbing, roof, etc. You will then need to apply and pay for application fees for a building permit. In addition to the plans, there will be other requirements you will need to submit to city hall, such as barangay clearance, land survey, HOA clearance, etc. You can have the architect do this (you have to pay extra), or do it yourself. (Considering you're a foreigner, I suggest you have the architect do this.) You might also want to apply for electrical and water connection.

The key here is get the right clearance from the right place. It sounds like a lot but the architect is well versed as is the city officials.

Don't forget to get permission to cut or remove a tree. I had to get permission to remove trees. No matter the size. I got it in writing as well.

giovannigio wrote:

Some of my expat friends here paid as much as 2 million pesos for the building of their homes but they have over 3k square foot homes with very nice stone and iron gates. Not bad at all considering 2mil boils down to less than $50,000.00 dollars.

So keep in mind that it's not going to cost as much as in other countries and make sure this is where you want to spend the rest of your life because its very hard to sell a house built by foreigners who upgrade on everything.

By the time you're ready to do ground breaking, you would have already spent maybe 30k-50k (depends on the city and architect's fee). Here in Quezon City, 70k would already be a bargain for an architect to do the plans and legwork.

You will need to hire a builder / engineer with whom you will have a sit down as to what materials to use, how much, time frame to build your house. You can either have them do everything, or you can have them build the house up to a certain stage.

For example, the builder can just complete structural (such as foundation, posts, chb wall, plumbing, electrical, roof, etc.) or do up to installation of fixtures (toilets, lighting, tiles, sinks, etc.) and you will complete the rest. Each has pros and cons. The first is more expensive as the builder will pad everything. The second option is cheaper but it would take a lot of your time as you would have to look for workers and supervise. If you pick the second option, you can do what sirrobcentral did: look around for houses under construction and hire the workers who seem like they did a good job.

thank you every body, nice advice , thanks

The amount with k for thousand is that dollars or pesos

Wayne 07 wrote:

The amount with k for thousand is that dollars or pesos

The amounts with k are in pesos.

What you can also do is be the one to buy the materials and the architect or engineer will provide labor and supervision.  You can more or less find out how much is costs to build by getting quotes for materials. Basically, what you would need are quotes for the following:

Cement
Gravel and Sand by truckload
Round steel bars
Hollow blocks
Rental or price of a cement mixer
Rental for scaffolding
Roofing and trusses materials and gutters (if you want them)
Pipes (for plumbing and drains)
Electrical wiring, cables, circuit breakers, fuse boxes and switches

For finishings:
Tiles (for living areas, bedrooms and bathrooms, including bathroom walls)
Toilets and lavatories / water closet
Bathroom fixtures
Kitchen and bathroom counter tops
Kitchen sink
Light fixtures
Cabinets / storage / shelving
Ceiling materials (gypsum board, plywood, t-sections, etc.)
Painting
Doors and jambs for front, back, bedrooms and bathrooms
Stairs and staircase railings (depending on the style of staircase, you would need either some or all of the following: wood, iron, stainless steel, glass)
Interior walls (concrete, hardieflex, plywood, or drywall)
Windows (upvc, aluminum, steel, glass louvre (often called "jalousie")
Iron bars / metal grilles for security

Furniture (beds, sofas, etc.) and appliances (tv, fans, refrigerator, stove / oven, other small kitchen appliance, shower water heaters, etc.) 
Aircon and its installation (prices vary depending on the type: split type, window type, inverter, and also installaation (split type installation is more expensive than window type)

Be prepared to spend 800k to 1 million pesos to finish your 2-storey house. Building a house is expensive, so be sure that you would want to stay in the Philippines if you want to have a house built.

friend of mine just built a home using hardwood and hollow blocks.. 2 bedroom 1 cr  it was 450,000 pesos.  including everything.  the lot was off the beaten path and he paid 60,000 pesos for 300 sqm.   you can biuld an all native house out of bamboo / nipa style for 50,000.. or an all concrete home for much more. there are many options here to build cheap or more expensive. not many options in canada and the states as building regulations will prevent you from building what you can afford  ...

thanks you tommieboy

sirrobcentral wrote:

You ask for straight answer here it is. Being you are an expat or foreigners as they put it here you will get different prices. One reason is if you let the contractor know he's being compared to others he will get with them and they will do the old high low. Everyone will go very high so you will go with him then he splits the profit with them...very common here.

It pays to have a Filipina gf/wife! If you are a foreigner, stay out of the picture when looking at land or building/repair work. Even find a Filippino friend to do the getting of prices and quotes.

My gf was looking to buy land and when the agent saw that I was on the scene the price was suddenly sky high! 300 pesos sq m higher than typical for the area.

OzFreddie wrote:
sirrobcentral wrote:

It pays to have a Filipina gf/wife! If you are a foreigner, stay out of the picture when looking at land or building/repair work. Even find a Filippino friend to do the getting of prices and quotes.

My gf was looking to buy land and when the agent saw that I was on the scene the price was suddenly sky high! 300 pesos sq m higher than typical for the area.

yes.. or atleast do your homework and find out how much other land is in the area.. make your bid on a peice of paper with your contact number and walk away.. 9 times out of 10 they will call you back. thats what i did.. and in fact not only did i pay less for my land but i also was able to make monthly payments until it was paid in full with 0% interest

thanks, so also lei ha comprato land with name of your gf o wife? o how tommie?

giovannigio wrote:

thanks, so also lei ha comprato land with name of your gf o wife? o how tommie?

im not sure i understand your question Giovanni.. can you re-type?

sorry that i was not clear, i mean the land that you bought, it is for your wife name? o you find some other way for buy land o it is just a Corporation?

giovannigio wrote:

sorry that i was not clear, i mean the land that you bought, it is for your wife name? o you find some other way for buy land o it is just a Corporation?

i put the land in my childs name..

This might be confusing to you if I gave you specific. Why not give Pueblo de Oro Cagayan a visit and contact regarding your needs and arrange your home construction and be their customer.

Hi Tommie boy

Just wondering, with out directly asking the age of your child, at what age can someone purchase land in the Philippines?

tommieboy999 wrote:
giovannigio wrote:

i put the land in my childs name..

i was told by my lawyer that you can put property in a childs name at any age.. but of course he cannot sell it until he is 18 yrs old unless i sign off on it also. im not 100% sure how it would hold up in court.. but not many filipinos have the money to get a lawyer and fight something through the court system.. besides im on a very small island and there are no courtrooms here. the land was only 550sqm for 600 sqm of land.. so its not so much money that i would be crying over if anything did happen

Where are you building this?

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote/propose your services on the forum. Kindly register in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

HAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry didn't check date of original post

it is okay no problem

hello
to make it simple
Insulated Poured Concrete +/- P30,000 per sq.m. floor area
Solid Poured Concrete = +/- P25,000 per sq.m. floor area (SAME AS HOLLOW BLOCKS)
Waffle Box = +/- P20,000 per sq.m. floor area
nippa house 2000 to 4000 per sqm

those are average prices, u can get more or less, depending on quality, 30 000 is kinda luxury,quality tiles, kitchen, bathroom etc
but average prices for good construction are about 20K PHP /sqm
so 40M² is about 800K
easier to remember, 50m² per million PHP.

it includes filipino standard kitchen and shower/toielts, tiles, paint, foundations,  roof, electric/plumbing, concreting like walls, floors, septic tank

yes thank you for your kind information

i know u posted this a year ago, but i m sure ur post would interest many people :)

yes me too i am sure, but still i am interested because i didn't nothing until now

There is something important, phils are regularly hit by disasters, typhoons, but more importantly for a house, earthquakes.
So the type of construction and material are important.
An architect can help in many ways, he can deal with providers and save prices, foreigners always face inflation :p ; they usualy take about 5% in phils.

If not, it s important to check on their work, for many reasons, many workers are absent or late, and it will of course delay the construction, they also use to save materials, for exemple iron bars must be fix on hollow blocks every 40cm; they were doing in my case every 80cm weakining the structure, they were also using about 3 bags of cement per m3, while they have to use 8 bags.
So after that i hired an architect for other constructions. it also give me a construction insurance for 10 years.

Those waflebox houses are promising, but too expensive for me, 20 000 PHP per sqm compared to hollow blocks at 25 000...
that construction use half material, is build in less than half time, and requires few workers as it s made in factory way.

it is sad but all it is true, thanks. need always got right information and take care all