Is 7500 AED worth living in Dubai?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Recently got an offer to work in Dubai with a salary of 7500 AED with 4000 AED accomodation and 500 AED phone bills.

I am wondering whether is it worth it? I believe if you are single then should be not a problem.

However what about if I bring my family here? I am a married man with single kid. Is it enough to cover my expenses and do some saving?

Appreciate everyone's opinion. Thanks a lot.

r u kidding???

u need atleast 50000

Thanks for the advice..guess should come single first.. :D

@ zaki8527 > For more information, i invite you to have a look at the topics on cost of living here: https://www.expat.com/forum/431-22-cost … dubai.html

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

For single is ok.. But for family it's very hard..but if wife also working in same salary.. Then it's good

Don't come, you'll be ruining your and your family's life, just as I'm doing....  You will not live comfortably and have nothing left to save.  THINK hard before you come here!!!  Get a very good job offer first.

Dear Zaki,

If you come on your own, you could probably do just OK if you save hard enough. In addition to accommodation, check with your employer for transport allowance as well if you are required to travel to work, otherwise the company will normally provide for transport. Make sure your employer provides for return ticket back to KL every year or 2 years depending on your contract. Try to ask for more salary if possible.

For AED4000 a month, you could probably get a studio apartment or share an apartment with a mate. It would be prudent to cook for your meal to save and bring food from Malaysia, which is what I do. Food here is expensive, Milo 400gm is about AED20. 

Apart from the potential hardship above, you may want the overseas experience, which may do you good. :)