Apostille on the marriage certificate to register to the commune?

Hello,

I will be soon moving to Bxl, alone, kids will join after a few months and husband after around 6 months. In the first year I will not be able to go back to Romania due to the lack of vacation, so I am trying to find out what what do with different document before I leave the country.
To register to the commune do I need to put an "apostille" on the marriage certificate and child birth certificates? I cannot find any information about this. Each certificate has a new format in 3 languages: Romanian, English and french
Also, the kids will arrive at the end of summer due to summer camps and summer schools already payed here, but I need to declare them in advance and register them to school, is ok f they are not in the location for the official visit?

Thank you in advance for your advice,

Hello Ana,

For the 'apostille' it is the same as 'legalisation', where they check if your papers are authentic (for exemple important when an old guy with decreasing health signs some papers, then they check the authenticity of the signature (if he signed it) and if he was able to sign it in normal thinking status).
U can read all info about this on http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/service … ments/faq/
Service for this is located in Brussels (Karmelietenstraat)

Kind regards

So it should be ok if I come with the original documents, I will only leave to my husband the passport of the kids to be able to take them out of the country and I will take the certificates in original. I should probably have some legalized copies of the passports for the registration to school and commune.
The link is not displayed, could you please indicate where to look about this apostille/legalization thing?

Thank you very much for your advise

Link is still under review..
If u google 'legalisation of documents - kingdom of Belgium' u will find it :-) I think u can find a lot of info there! Good luck

Kind regards

Hi Ana, I am also moving to Belgium first. My Husband and kids will be joining me later on as well. I've got a few questions. How difficult is it to find  an  apartment and schools for the kids? Mine are 14 years old and almost 13 and neither of they speak any french only spanish and english.

I am in the process of finding a school first so I could start looking for an apartment near by. If you have any info i would really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Martha

Martha G wrote:

Hi Ana, I am also moving to Belgium first. My Husband and kids will be joining me later on as well. I've got a few questions. How difficult is it to find  an  apartment and schools for the kids? Mine are 14 years old and almost 13 and neither of they speak any french only spanish and english.

I am in the process of finding a school first so I could start looking for an apartment near by. If you have any info i would really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Martha

:offtopic:

Please address your question about schools for children and availability of accommodation by finding an appropriate topic, or starting a new one.  This will give you the best chance of members seeing your question and replying.  You can also search in the Housing section also.

Romaniac