Tips for getting your first job in Sweden

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Sweden?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Sweden?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Hi there!
I don't like to be a pessimist but I've been living in Sweden for the last 6 years and I didn't find a job. I'm here due my husband job.
If you don't come to Sweden with a contract from your company it is almost impossible to get a job, especially if you don't speak the language "perfectly". That was my experience. Now I'm studying at Malmö Högskola so let's see if that make things easier.
Good Luck!

Hi there,
Getting a job in Sweden is not that easy in my experience,  first thing is learn the language second if you have profession back home you can ask help to arbetsförmedlingen but i know they are not so helpful but dont worry many company will hire you once your good enough to speak the language... In my case bit different now am studying the language its been for almost 5 month and after the holiday i will be studying with CSN. Since i have only a year in College attainment back home.  And my job was a callcenter agent.