Tips for getting your first job in Saudi Arabia

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Saudi Arabia?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Saudi Arabia?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Good Afternoon,

In 1998 I registered with an agency who did overseas placements in the UK.

They asked me what my dream job would be and I made it clear that I would like to work in the Logistics industry in Saudi Arabia due to it being a tax free haven and the quality of life that i had heard was available.

4 weeks later I had an interview with UPS in Glasgow and started my new career with them in 1999 and I have been in the Middle East ever since.

My advice is to approach recruitment companies and make it very clear that you wish to work in Saudi Arabia and within your respective area of expertise and then keep on following up with them.

Something is sure to come up when you keep following up.

Job seekers can apply by multiple ways but it all depends on the luck as connections are important to land a job in here

a) visit the companies and drop hard copy of your resume to them (applicable to those residing in KSA)
b) apply through local newspapers saudigazette (local newspaper published in English), arabnews (local newspaper published in English), waseet.net (weekly magazine with website in English) - (applicable to those residing in KSA)
c) apply online through websites of companies
d) apply through job portals like bayt.com, dubizzle.com, expatriates.com
e) contact recruitment companies, recruiters or people you know living & working in KSA
f) apply through social media, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn