Tips for getting your first job in Oman

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Oman?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Oman?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

I found my job via a UAE/Dubai based recruitment agency that included the Oman region as part of their scope. I would suggest checking with various agencies (not only in Muscat/Oman), but in Dubai as many of the agencies cover the Oman region also.

Oman is not as other GCC, in term of working in ,, you need really to be careful, because if you select the wrong job,,, and wrong company ,, then no way to correct that,,,
simply your company may own you ,,, you can't change your job without their approval even your contract is finish you still need you X company approval for the next 2 years after the end of your contract ,,,
Omanization stressing all the expat .. unless you are the owner of your company,, and still you need to comply to keep you organization breathing ...

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads please. If you are looking for a job, please post an ad in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi profitoman,

This is not the place to post your job advertisement.

There is a section called 'Jobs'. Please post your ad there.

Better apply a job in your country through agencies which has a job order.

I think the best way to get a job in Oman is to do it while in your home country. Through Agents!!!!!!

Please can someone help me get the  right agencies incharge of jobs in Oman

yes I like to find a job agency in Oman too.