Tips for getting your first job in Ireland

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Ireland?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Ireland?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Hi there I hope you are well . Regarding to your question there . I would like to know what kind of job you after ?what experience  have you got or education?  There is job very easy to get if you are a trade person and hard to get if you have no experience  at all but if you provide  me with more details about you I could direct to the right place thanks

Hi I am from India , interested to work & live in IRELAND, I am looking for an "ELECTRICAL ENGINEER" job and i have 30 plus experience . Can you please advise me to find a job in IRELAND. So please reply urgently.

Raj sk

Hi hani78,

We launched this topic in order to have some useful information. Members are invited to share their experiences about the initial questions of this thread > "Tips for getting your first jobs in Ireland".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Raj sk > i would invite you to start a new topic with your questions on the Ireland forum.

Thank you.
Christine

Hi there in this sector  ireland is gone very poor with all building related work . Thousands of  irish builders are leaving the country every day to canda  and USA for work . I'm sorry but will be honest with you  ireland n9 good for your work .

I recently spoke (or actually wrote) with an HR girl from Ireland. Since I'm not in Ireland at the moment I asked her and she admittedly confirmed that being on location increases the chances of finding a job. If you are in a professional niche where there is great demand you might find something before you move, but chances seem to be a bit low...

Could you advice, which is a more efficient way of finding a job in Ireland?
- should I start it remotely, from the other country, using the internet?
- or should I move to Ireland, have a local address, arrange registration procedures, and than start finding a job locally?

thank you
(ps: I am planning to move to Ireland with my family, my key experiences are program and project management, business process development)