Tips for getting your first job in Bulgaria

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Bulgaria?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Bulgaria?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

When I first left the UK it was to live in Austria.
I had no knowledge of the country, it's language, its social taboos or any other aspect of moving abroad.

My advice for anyone looking to start work in another country is to become immersed in all these aspects.

I was a fairly experienced engineer. But in order to break into Austrian society I accepted any job that was offered. This ranged from washing lorries, washing dishes, and emptying some very unsavory mechanical devices.

This started me moving up through all the necessary channels, and gave me a list of preferred contacts.

This worked for me in Austria. And I'm sure Bulgaria is completely different in many ways, but what I'm trying to imply is that you have to start somewhere, and perhaps take what you're offered at first building up your Bulgarian vocabulary, and also your standing in the community.

This reminds me of the adage:-
“If at first you don't succeed, lower your sights”

Mike

I enjoyed reading the last post, it is the point were we turn off our UK heads and accept that the attitude we unfortunately have that we might not have even believed was even there, we turn it all off and accept we stand shoulder to shoulder with the next person, it is not easy to accept or anticipate but I think it is essential mold in to the surroundings mix, be a part off relax, call it what you want just accept that in another country you are not entitled to anything you are a strange face in a crowd that is all, win peoples trust, treat people fair and gain others respect!