Female Assistant Professor KSAU Jeddah

Having gone through many threads and searching the internet like crazy now regarding living and work conditions in jeddah, i just can relax before making the big move!!! so anxious. i will be coming to jeddah as assistant prof at a university in jeddah in few months. Does anyone know about the duties of an assistant professor in jeddah. like what are the assigned tasks during duty hours (job description). I do not want too accept accomodation and avail the accomodation allowance so in that case is there anyone in experience who knows how that could be arranged. Is is possible for me to take university accommodation for one month and then shift to allowance.
How is work place life and since my husband wud be coming with me and he has good educational background and relative work experience, could he find a job?
Are there any work women societies for recreation?

All these questions you need to direct your employer - you need to inquire with them about living arrangements and duties. You should ask what will be expected of you i.e. contact hours, office hours, etc.

i obviously know the duty hours but was expecting to hear from a person who actually works there, a bit of insight on duties.

what is the university? is it King Abdulaziz University ?

I do not think you will be having a lot pressure. Teaching job is quite peace full in Saudi Arabia. So, do not worry about it. What will be your subject for teaching in University and what is your qualification.

i will be joining medical university, PHD physiology.

Great!!!

yes

iftikhar ahsan wrote:

I do not think you will be having a lot pressure. Teaching job is quite peace full in Saudi Arabia. So, do not worry about it. What will be your subject for teaching in University and what is your qualification.

teaching is easy ? that too at a university in Saudi ? didn't know that.

on the contrary i dont think academic jobs can ever be easy..unless u are a professor emiratus

u r coming from pakistan and obviously its very good choice to move here in jeddah no matter what work condition is ...its far better then anything