I need advice - my agent locked me up!

Is it right for my agent to lock me up ,am so sick and i want to go back to my country.just 1 month here and its being hell.

Of course its not right! what kind of job do you have here? but if you still dont have civil ID, some employers advised not to go out everywhere, wait until you have the ID because some authorities will not recognized your passport, they will still bring you to police station if you dont have civil id.

Thanks,its kadama work.i told my spo sor am nt happy with the job.she brought me to the agency wothout paying me for the 1month i work for.now the agent locked me up.am loosing my mind.

No one can stop you to go your native country. You just need your passport

If you are being held against your will and want to return home then you should immediately go to your country's Embassy/Consulate in Kuwait and report the conditions you are being held in.

If your agent/sponsor is holding your passport (which is against the law) then the Embassy/Consulate can either force the police to get it back for your or they can issue you an emergency passport. If you have no funds to return home they can help you contact family members, or charitable organizations who may help you. Only in extremely rare circumstances the government will pay for repatriation.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

@prettyfunmilola my heart goes out to you. Just have patience and courage and know your rights.

Those domestic workers office are nothing but an organized mafia (except for a few and am only saying that not to blindly generalize). They lock you up because many others actually try to escape which is a big loss for them. They keep locking workers who have returned from a sponsor's house for a chance to get more money from another sponsor. They are vultures and I hope that one day they will be dealt with as what they are .... criminals.

It is your right not accept work in a certain house if you don't like it there.
It is your right to seek humane working condition
It is your right to get medical attention when you need it
It is your right to contact your embassy, your family or anyone interested in your well being

Ask for your rights bravely and adamantly. Don't take no for an answer. And most importantly don't break the law yourself, cause the moment you do everybody will be against you.

Bottom line is ... Get the full details of where your are and what agency is locking you up, call your embassy if you have one here. If not, call an ambulance (emergency number 112).

Best of luck my sister.

Go to the Nigerian embassy in mishref and lay your complaint as soon as possible.
Besides what the name of that your Agent(Nigerian)