How to verify if Job offer is genuine? Any Medical Test?

Hello all,

After getting a job offer in Malayasia, what medical tests I have to undergo?

Can anyone please let me know?

Also, how do I verify if the job offer is genuine?

Thanks in advance.

There are no medical tests for an employment pass. There is a chest x-ray and blood test for a foreign worker work visa. There are lots of scams so ask around.

Thanks for your reply, Gravitas.

Yes, I will verify the company details before commiting for the job. Is there any official website where we can get information about scamsters?

Also, blood test as in for HIV?

Thanks again for your reply.

Not sure exactly what the blood test consists of, but generally the medicals are looking to detect any communicable diseases. But do you know which type of working  visa they are offering? The EP needs a salary of minimum RM5k per month. The FW permit does not allow any dependents to accompany.

Hi Gravitas,

Job offer is for Linux Admin position. They are offering 8500 RM permonth and there are no dependents as of now. I am single.

Gravitas wrote:

There are no medical tests for an employment pass. There is a chest x-ray and blood test for a foreign worker work visa. There are lots of scams so ask around.

Not true! All applicants for employment passes have to have a full medical examination including test for TB. Usually you have to pay (expensive in UK!) and then take receipt and get it back when you start (assuming you pass). MoE at least demand this.

No other fees / money should be paid upfront. Any legit offer would include a free airticket at least.

There are no medical tests for Employment Passes unless the company wishes you to undergo one. I think it depends on who you work for and of course teachers will have one.

Ok. Thanks for your advises, will keep that in mind.

Do let me know if there is anything I should be aware of.

Thanks again.

Hi! can anyone please confirm if there is a medical test required for employment pass or not ? @Rajesh12 can u please let us know did u went through any medical test or not ?

Looking Forward,
Thanks.

As the rest of the postings confirm, some companies will ask for the future employee to undergo a medical because of the nature of the job. Others will not. Its usually if the job involves contact with children or people in health situations. The extent of the medical will depend on what the employer requires. Some may need it to join the staff health insurance scheme. Ask your hirer for their procedures.

Hi Gravitas,

Thank you for your reply, I am a software engineer applying at a software house and pay scale would be above RM5K. I haven't really got an offer at the moment. so not sure if it would be feasible to ask the employer at this stage. My issue is that I had tuberculosis six years ago. It was treated properly and I am perfectly alright now and that can be proved by tests but my X-ray would reveal that I once had ptb. Can you please guide if there would be a problem for me to work in malaysia or not ? 

Thanks.

Gravitas wrote:

Yes there are. But I know Malaysia so went to my doc in UK with a long list and asked her to say she did them all in a letter (she just looked at me - 2 legs check.... not an English doc as they would do it all properly   :whistle: . It is a requirement attached though to the MoE to approve an employment pass app.

Yes, Nemodot - agreed there is a requirement for teachers like yourself as the TB test is important.

Otherwise no requirement for other sectors (I have also had an EP in Malaysia).

Companies may insist on one to join their medical insurance schemes though (offering insurance became obligatory in the last year).

So you had to have one for specific job-related purposes.  That is not the general rule though.

Hi Gravitas,

I'm on a process of my work visa here in the Philippines. I was diagnosed of hepatitis b. Will there be any effect on my work visa application? Will there be a possibility that I will still be able to get a working visa? My nature of work in Malaysia is Call center.

Thanks

Hi Gravitas,

I'm on a process of my work visa here in the Philippines. I was diagnosed of hepatitis b. Will there be any effect on my work visa application? Will there be a possibility that I will still be able to get a working visa? My nature of work in Malaysia is Call center.

Thanks

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks