Flat to buy

I am looking for a flat to buy. But am also pretty busy at work. Any suggestions how to start?

First you should know that the minimum price a foreigner can buy property is RM2 million in Selangor and RM1 million in KL and most other places.

even if he has a resident permit here?

I think its to do with nationality not residents status.

ok. and what is the "normal way to go"?

Search on iproperty etc. for the building(s) you are interested in and contact an agent to view.

Its definitely nationality.

maybe somebody knows a good agent personally?

It doesn't really work like that here. Owners give their property to agents and you have to find them out. There is not an open market, especially for sale and purchase. Sometimes there may be for rental as they split the commission but not with sales.

Dear,

Tell me which area you like? I have reliable agent work for you.  Send me message about the location, budget. to 0189001936. TQ

Hi Eva,
I've used several agents in the past and it really depends on the location. Different agents have somewhat a monopoly on a certain area, e.g. Reapfield is great with properties in Ampang and PJ, etc.
*note: the housing market is very volatile here. Listed price doesn't necessarily reflect the transacted price in the area.
Whatever you do, do yourself a favor and do not use any services from GS Realty. iProperty is definitely a good way to start. As a rule of thumb, good agents would usually have a lot of units for you to view. Happy hunting!

Agree Reapfields and also some on MetroHomes (they are independents). Foreigners find it difficult to get financing here because of a lot of defaults taking place and its 30% down payment.