What career choice would be best for me?

Hello everyone!

My name is Viktoria, and I am an 18 year old student from Canada. My dream has always been to move to London, England and I plan on making that move within the next few years. I am currently in the process of obtaining my Paralegal diploma here in Canada because I never do things without backup plans, and it comforts me to know that I have something to fall back on if things don't work out. However, I realize that this diploma will not be recognized in England, so I am kind of stuck on what to do once I live there. I plan on going for a year first, and am already saving up for a year's worth of rent and pocket money. During this time, I wouldn't mind working in a bar or in retail to get me on my feet, but I would also like to look into my education options. If i do end up living there, I would love a job similar to a paralegal, or anything in an office environment, however i'd have to be bringing in enough income to be supporting myself and paying for rent somewhere on the outskirts of London. I do not have the qualifications to get into a university so that is out of the question. Are there any colleges with good programs/courses, and what would you recommend? Thanks alot!

Hi there, there are paralegal courses here too at colleges which are run for people who work like 4 days and have 1 day a week where they would have to attend college. I know some people who done this and it worked well. You know London and outskirts are very pricy for accommodation etc.. These salaries would not bring a comfortable lifestyle. You need to research bit more on this.

Let me know how you get on.
Syed

Hello Viktoria
What visa are you going to get for your 1 year stay? Tourist visas are only good for 6 months.
Do you have British-born grandparents? If so you could apply for the ancestry visa.
Cheers, Bob

I have a dual citizenship with Poland and Canada and I believe that lets me get into the country without a visa? Hope I am not wrong. (Poland being part of the EU)

I believe being Polish, you won't have an issue entering.

OK! Just make sure you enter the UK on your Polish passport. You will only need your Canadian one for getting back into Canada.

Hi there Bob-666,

Do you have any suggestion/information to build up on the search of vikkitoria :

"Are there any colleges with good programs/courses, and what would you recommend?"

Thanks,
Bhavna  :)

Hi.
Pls make certain you can actually obtain the correct visa for the U.K. We have had a friend send back to Canada because he cannot get the required visa. Rules have changed a lot here  and they are extremely strict. ....sorry I don't want to be negative but it is a major hurdle to overcome.
Good luck!

With your polish passport you need no visas or anything.....yet!
Good luck!

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not talk about politics here please

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some off topic posts have been removed.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: