Planning for a move to riyadh

I have few questions before I decide about this opportunity.

1. I got a offer of 100K USD as basic and 30 K USD for Housing and Transport - Is it a good salary in Riyadh to consider ?

2.  What are the good and safe community area in Riyadh . Somewhere where i can find some Indian families as well.

3. How to get a compound housing ?

4. I got a class A medical insurance - Will this cover all the basics

5. My to be office is located in King AbdulAziz street   - what is nearest place to live ?

Thanks in advance for all the replies. ;-)

Asalamu Alaikum Brother Hafiz,

I got a offer in Riyadh in King Abdul Aziz Street and i am in the process of applying visa. I need your help to find a good place to live and also need help with the package offered to me is worth travelling from london to Riyadh. As you just moved with your little one .

Hi ZaK0711,

To begin with, you may go through the Living in Saudi Arabia Guide section of the website. You can gather some informations about accomodation  in the article " Accomodation in Riyadh".

Good luck,
Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,

Thanks for the quick update. It will be good if you can also provide some tamil local area. Also if possible answer the remaining questions.

ZaK0711 wrote:

Asalamu Alaikum Brother Hafiz,

I got a offer in Riyadh in King Abdul Aziz Street and i am in the process of applying visa. I need your help to find a good place to live and also need help with the package offered to me is worth travelling from london to Riyadh. As you just moved with your little one .

Hello ZAK0711,

i merged the above quoted post to this thread. Please note that copy pasting posts and spamming them is forbidden on the forums.

Please note that Bhavna is part of the Expat.com team and she does not reside in the said Tamil local area.

As mentioned in the private message i sent you beforehand, I would suggest that you read the articles found in our guide section to gather some information.

>Living in Saudi Arabia guide

Best regards,
Gavind

ZaK0711 wrote:

Hi Bhavna,

Thanks for the quick update. It will be good if you can also provide some tamil local area. Also if possible answer the remaining questions.

Bhvana is not in Saudi so she can't answer your questions...

Does your package include if children their tuition fees.  Also are you sure your salary is in USD not SAR???? If USD than that means you are getting almost 400,000 sar a year (that is a lot as most people make less than 20,000 sar a year.

For housing & transport it sounds low unless you don't plan on living on a compound. My husband gets compound paid for (option we took) or 25% of base salary for housing, plus an additional 10% for transportation no matter what,
Can't help a lot about Riyadh, but we almost shifted there this summer from Jeddah & we were looking at moving into Al Bustan Compound (large, western, & next to American school), there is also the DQ area.

Yes, It is in USD. Could anyone please shed some light on the remaining questions

Unfortunately to get compound housing you have to call repeatedly and get onto waiting lists. Did the company give you a contact for relocation services?? Having a local who speaks Arabic is a huge plus when looking for housing.

Also check out Facebook for Riyadh expat groups. Along with the blogs Blue abaya (Riyadh based) & Susie of Arabia...at least blue abaya is linked to expat-blog

Thanks for the update. I will check with company relocation service.

That's a fantastic salary,

Dear Zak,

Congratulations for your new job and wish you a pleasant stay in Riyadh.

trying to answer your questions:
1. yes you got a very good Salary and this implies that you hiring company is one of the tops if not hired by the government. Few people who can get what offered to you.

2.  Riyadh generally is a safe big city. and the northern parts are new and better than south areas.
Indian families tend to live in the city center and down town, there are two places full of them. Batha area and Wazarat District ( unofficially called Hara)

3. As for compounds, you better find out in which district is your work located and try to contact the compounds around that area. I had helped many, if you need guidance feel free to ask.

4. if the insurance company is one of the recognized ones, then don't worry. It will cover more than the basics.

5. King Abdul Aziz is a very long road, therefor so many areas are crossed through this road, again try to know the district of your work and will let you know. Generally there is "Addubat district" in the center of the city and heading to north there is a nice area called Sulimaniah and then other new districts which are quiet and inhibited with educated expats like "Almursalat" district and "Alamasife"

Welcome again and best luck
Have a good day!