Relocation advice sought

Hello members,

My husband has got a job offer for USD 3500 in a company based out of Lagos.  The same is arranged via their representative consultant in Mumbai, India. This offer is in addition to housing accommodation, transport, medical, fooding & children education & relocation cost plus yearly once flight ticket for family vacation to India.

However they are stipulating that during the probation period of 6 month my husband should be in a bachelor accommodation. Further they want passport to be deposited with the Company for security reason & because of their policy. More over the employment contract to be signed there in corporate office in Lagos. All the relocation expenditure to be borne by the company except visa fee. This is to make sure that the employee will join the company.

we have no knowledge of foreign posting, so bit worried whether to accept the offer.

Please advise if we should accept the offer.
Thank you
Amrita

Its not a big issue can u let me have the name of Company & full adress so that i can suggest you in better way

Thank you for the response. At this point of time to disclose the name of the company will be unfair too them.

We are worried about the payment of VISA fee as demanded by Consultant towards commitment for the Job & Deposit of Passport at the Company's Lagos office.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Amrita

You are welcome just i want to say that our person is more important than any company but no problem if you don't want to share its not a problem its ok.

Any how according to my opinion you need to worry about VISA  fee as demanded by Consultant because may be its their own policy.If company is good then you can deposit your passport also without any worry.

Thank you

@mrita

Most employers pay all fees including visa fees. I would not pay for this unless there is a 100% guarantee that you will get the money back.
It is illegal for the company to hold your passport unless it it temporary for visa applications etc. They wish to hold your passport so that you cannot leave the country if you do not like the job.
The passport is the property of the issuing country and as such it is totally illegal for anyone to withhold that passport from you. You can check with your Embassy about this.
Personally I would not accept the job at all.

nikhil10 wrote:

Its not a big issue can u let me have the name of Company & full adress so that i can suggest you in better way

This forum is about the exchange of information and advice that may be of assistance to members.If you have some information them please post it here.
Thank you.

Thanks for your reply too. you are saying that is also correct that most of employers pay all expenses including visa but all companies policy are not same. But in Lagos some company are there who hold passport also.

But if any employee is paying visa fees or any exp they will mention in your offer letter also that they will refund it .Even it depends upon company also that is it Indian base company or Nigerian base company.

Thanks for your reply too. you are saying that is also correct that most of employers pay all expenses including visa but all companies policy are not same. But in Lagos some company are there who hold passport also.

But if any employee is paying visa fees or any exp they will mention in your offer letter also that they will refund it .Even it depends upon company also that is it Indian base company or Nigerian base company.

Thank you Nikhil & stumpy for your valuable time.

Yes I forgot to mention that they will refund the visa fee upon reaching the Company HO at Lagos.

And to be specific the Company is MILAN Nigeria Limited a Company promoted by Indian of Nigerian Origin.

Hope you can guide us properly.

As mentioned earlier they will pay USD 1000 as Local Salary apart from all other accommodation and all and balance agreed amount as Indian salary to be paid in India.

If USD 1000 is good enough as local salary for monthly manage?

Thanks for your response
Amrita

Amrita ji,

You are most welcome & thanks its my pleasure to having conversation with you.

I want to say that USD-1,000/- is  enough for local exp. One line i want to add more that i have search on net also about this company but i have got some unexpected  & strange news on net  so you can also check
- consumercomplaints.in/complaints/milan-nigeria-ltd-c550565.html.

So therefore i request you to check once this site also. Personally i want to say that i don't want that any person suffer any kind of  problem in Nigeria because  i am treating as my family member the person who wants to come in Nigeria.

Therefore i advise you that you that please contact any Indian person who is working in same company as u mentioned earlier promoter is Indian so call him and make sure for everything.