Been in a apartment for 5 years

Hi i have been in a apartment for 5 years since my son was born with 3 dogs the man a pay the rent to is saying i have to leave within two months i have paid him my rent cash every month and on time with no recipts or new contact since 2012 he hasnt been round or iv not be able to get in touch i have the rent in bank waiting i cant eat work or sleep thinking im gonna come home one day and me and my things will be out . I dont know what to do what my rights are can he just throw me out with my son and dogs with no where to live ??  Can anyone help???

Hi claire beaty,

welcome to Expat.com!

For a better visibility, i created a new topic as from your post on the Spain forum.

you should always get reciepts whatever ,you obtain maybe the hacienda could be interested in him paying tax also ask advice from the police .,but be prepared anyway ,the law here works in a strange way.

Hi dear desparate Where is the free rental assistant counseling for you there must be an office in your area to educate you on your rights or are there any rights? LadyGeeGee

I'm sure he can't just throw you out legally but how can you prove the rent? Receipts from the bank showing money drawn out? Household bills at the address. He's probably not declaring the rent so he will probably have a problem. However surely there must be somewhere nice to stay nearby, I wouldn't want to give a men like that another penny.

Elaine

Hello! my English is not very good , but if you know your neighbors and get along with them, they can testify before the police as they take time living there and you have no contract . The landlord may not lend , for it will have to take legal action that will take time and money. If you have that complaint in your hand with witnesses and one day you come home and your things are out hair would fall . I hope you do well

.I would agree about contacting the Hacienda.  Cash, no receipt, wonder how much he is declaring.  Fact you have been there five years says you have been paying the rent.

whoa, im really sorry that this is going on for you :(