Trying to call a french 0811 number from Malta

Hello,
This question is presumably more for french expats in Malta. I'm trying to call the Service des Relations Internationales de l'Assurance Maladie (= Sécurité Sociale des Français de l'Etranger) in France. Although they give the following number 0033 811 703 646, I cannot get through from my landline - and also not via Skype.
My landline is a voip Melita landline, I wonder if this might explain why it's not going through, as 811 numbers are special numbers, although I believe they go under the normal tariff.
Has anybody called this number from a maltese home without any difficulty?
Any personal experience, feedback and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

From abroad its this number....

+33 70 811 3646

ameli.fr/assures/votre-caisse-alpes-maritimes/nous-contacter/par-telephone_alpes-maritimes.php

Terry

Actually, it's 33 811 70 36 46 - and not going through. I had gotten it from the ameli website as well as their own letter!

This is what it says on the website.

"From abroad, dial +33 70 811 3646 (variable rate depending on the telephone company"

Terry

A reverse number check  says its a local Paris number

+33 70 811 3646

Terry

you can't dial special numbers in France from abroad. It is technically impossible. Every banks, hotlines, edf, gdf, orange, free, administration, insurance, it's just a hassle. You will have to find if there is a normal phone number to dial, or you can try to call the head office and explain, special numbers don't work. It happened to me that I will never be able to contact a company because of that. It seems that most of the French don't care about it when things go outside France. I don't think other countries have special numbers as much as there.

I have found this
173, rue de Bercy, Paris 12°   Tél. :  01 40 19 55 29/30
Centre de Liaisons Européennes et Internationale de Sécurité Sociale Tel : 01 45 26 33 41

Try you have nothing to lose...

Thank you, jj2013. I called "Bercy", explained my problem and they ended up "as a matter of exception" connecting me directly with 3646 - who supposedly will call me back in Malta. This was a good idea you gave me!

It's so stupid to use a number that is not always internationally accessible for a department servicing expats!

I'm pleased to have helped you ;)