Online masters in math with teaching credential

I'm a math teacher with future aspirations of teaching at some decent international schools in Latin America and Japan, so I believe I need to get a masters degree. There's one thing I'm very confused about and can't seem to find the answer to: does having a masters degree automatically make you a qualified teacher? Do they have masters programs that come with a teaching credential? I have seen programs for "masters in math education" - does THAT make you a qualified teacher? How can I become qualified to teach math at a good international school? Can anyone recommend any programs? Thank you.

Hello kend0g187,

I would suggest that you start a thread in the Latin America and Japanese forums to get some adequate responses.
Kindly refer to the hyperlinks below :  ( simple access to the said forums )

> Mexico forum
> Living in South America
> Japan forum

Hope you'll get the desired interactions and answers.

Best regards,
Gavind

kend0g187 wrote:

There's one thing I'm very confused about and can't seem to find the answer to: does having a masters degree automatically make you a qualified teacher?

No. Besides a good knowledge about your profession is also very important how you interact with your students and in what way or how you want to teach. If you can inspire your students, to bring some of your enthusiasm to them then you are one of the group teachers who are successful and a good teacher.

I meant qualified as in having a credential. I'm not sure the exact terminology. In England they call it QTS. What makes a person a good teacher is a completely separate discussion.

Meet expats all over the world

OR