ESL teacher looking for a job!

Hello,

I'm an experienced ESL teacher with 8 years teaching in South Korea covering all ages. Kindergarten, elementary/middle/high school as well as adults in an academy and also in a company.

I'm looking to move to Kuala Lumpur this summer and was looking for information about looking for, applying and accepting a job there.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Google language schools in Kuala Lumpur and write to them. Im in Penang myself and there is a ESL school near me that is advertising for teachers, the point being such jobs are available. The question is will they be willing to do the immigration work to get you a work pass? Have to ask them. Often they are looking for English teachers who are locals so they can avoid the permit headaches but ask them and see.

If they will accept you as a foreigner and do the immigration work, a problem arises because they want to interview you personally before making a decision---but hiring/employment contract has to be done while you are outside so that the workpass is issued by the Malaysian Embassy in your country. This means a trip to Malaysia just for an interview, then you go back and wait, then come again with the visa already in your passport.

At least, thats the rule. Do people gain jobs while they are already here and dont have to leave? This part I cannot answer.

In any case, in case Im wrong about anything, first check with the school directly and see what they say. Alternative, you can google for "corporate relocation malaysia" and write to a local agent and ask the procedures.

It will depend on what qualifications you have, how employable you are. There are openings for English native speakers.

Hi Mark, could you email your cv to me at ***. We could discuss about some opportunities.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum. Plus if you have jobs proposals, post an advert in the Jobs in Kuala Lumpur section section

It's not necessary to leave or be outside the country for the ministries to process and issue a work visa once accepted by a school.