Driver Licence & Motorbike Question

Hi All,

This is what I did:

1. I first got my Vietnamese Driver Licence B2 by translating my current driver license and then converting it to the Vietnamese one.
2. I then applied for a Vietnamese Motorbike License A1 through the people outside the Motor License registry. On the day of the exam I did the Vietnamese Theory Test and Practical Test. ( I wanted a Vietnamese Motorbike License without the expire date).
3. When it was time to pick up my Vietnamese Motorbike License they said I had to return my Vietnamese Car license B2 so they can put the A1 and b2 on the same card.
4. I gave them my Vietnamese Car License B2  and pick up my new License the next day. The new license shows A1 and B2 however there is an expire date. They said the reason was that because I got my Vietnamese Driver License B2 first.
They also told me when it time to renew my license, I do not have to do the test, I just go and renew it.
for point 4 is that true?

Note: they gave me all the paper work back as well along with the exam results, health check and photo copy of passport as well.

Is my Motorbike License forever? or do I have to renew it when it time to expire?
I am just confused

When is the expiry date?
I also converted my UK driving licence to Vietnamese driving licence, and I had a Vietnamese motorbike licence before that but they didn't ask me to put them both in the same card.
From my experience, when you renew your licence you don't need to take the tests again, just need to pay the fee (not much). Although Vietnamese laws change from time to time...

Car licenses have to be renewed, motorbike doesnt.

Hupmum wrote:

When is the expiry date?
I also converted my UK driving licence to Vietnamese driving licence, and I had a Vietnamese motorbike licence before that but they didn't ask me to put them both in the same card.
From my experience, when you renew your licence you don't need to take the tests again, just need to pay the fee (not much). Although Vietnamese laws change from time to time...

Expire date is next year around September 2016, same as the visa.
Where did you renew your driver license?  262 ly ching thang?  Can I renew it else where eg in DaNang city,  Hue City etc.  Or does it have to be in hcmc.

Also do I just show them my card and fill in a renewal form?

Thanks

colinoscapee wrote:

Car licenses have to be renewed, motorbike doesnt.

In  my case since both a1 and b2 are on the same card,  what are my options?