Lawyer needed: To file suit against D.... Medical College

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post in. Please feel free to moderate and place in the correct section.

I was a post graduate student at the infamous D.... Medical College in Ebene where I spent more than 3 years of my life following a specialization course. I paid Rs 2.4 Million in fee and staying in Mauritius cost me another 0.5 million rupees atleast. In addition I forwent my employment to undergo this course.

Due to various reasons, I am dissatisfied with the quality of the education provided. In addition, I underwent mental harassment and intimidation from the management over these years.

Now, I have finally completed the course. However, quality of the course is being called into question by various government authorities and the qualification is not listed with the Medical Council of Mauritius. Consequently, I cannot practice my specialty in any other country as well.

I wish to file a suit against D... Medical College and want compensation for all of that I faced.

Looking for a lawyer who would understand my case and my position and would be willing to work on a percentage basis since I am already burdened under loans and debts that I took to pursue this course and cannot afford legal help. Please feel free to respond to this thread or leave me a personal message.

Thanks for your time.!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Name of the institution has been moderated to avoid diffamation and legal actions due to that.
docindie wrote:

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post in. Please feel free to moderate and place in the correct section.

I was a post graduate student at the infamous D... Medical College in Ebene where I spent more than 3 years of my life following a specialization course. I paid Rs 2.4 Million in fee and staying in Mauritius cost me another 0.5 million rupees atleast. In addition I forwent my employment to undergo this course.

Thanks for your time.!

Sorry to read that you didn't look for accreditation before undertaking any degree or diploma in Mauritius (or any country for that matter even in the US where some schools are just a way to make money for some). It  seems that the new govt is going after them also

However,  something does not jive with your story since you wrote the following on another thread:

I'm an Indian citizen and have stayed in Mauritius for more than 10 years. I came here when I was only 17 years old and have seen the island metamorphose from times when we used to pay for incoming calls on our mobile phones to now when we have 100 Mbps optic fibre connections available. To put it in short, I grew up here and am deeply in love with i'le Maurice.

So which is what :
Did you spend Rs 500K during your 10 yr stay in Mauritius or only during  your post-graduate studies ?. If you came here at the age of 17 , which employment did you forgo to begin your post medical studies?

I am just trying to understand your situation .

External wrote:
docindie wrote:

I was a post graduate student at the infamous D.. Medical College in Ebene where I spent more than 3 years of my life following a specialization course. I paid Rs 2.4 Million in fee and staying in Mauritius cost me another 0.5 million rupees atleast. In addition I forwent my employment to undergo this course.

Thanks for your time.!

Sorry to read that you didn't look for accreditation before undertaking any degree or diploma in Mauritius (or any country for that matter even in the US where some schools are just a way to make money for some). It  seems that the new govt is going after them also

However,  something does not jive with your story since you wrote the following on another thread:

I'm an Indian citizen and have stayed in Mauritius for more than 10 years. I came here when I was only 17 years old and have seen the island metamorphose from times when we used to pay for incoming calls on our mobile phones to now when we have 100 Mbps optic fibre connections available. To put it in short, I grew up here and am deeply in love with i'le Maurice.

So which is what :
Did you spend Rs 500K during your 10 yr stay in Mauritius or only during  your post-graduate studies ?. If you came here at the age of 17 , which employment did you forgo to begin your post medical studies?

I am just trying to understand your situation .

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Please find the clarifications as under:

1. Any medical college gets an accredited only when the first batch of students graduates. Before that, they get approvals from the Medical Council in the country to run the course, which they did get. But once the first batch graduated, things started getting ugly. I was in the second batch. By the time things got ugly, I was already in my last year and had paid all dues.

2. I came there when I was 17 and enrolled at the first and still one of the leading medical schools on the island. The course lasted 5 years and I must say I am thankful to my alma mater to this day for making me what I am. After this course, I returned to India and worked as a general practitioner (This is the foregone employment). After a couple of years, I decided to enroll at D.... Medical College. D.... is a huge brand name in the education sector in India and I trusted them because of this. But seems the management in that particular branch of DY Patil was pretty incompetent.

Even the professors teaching in my particular specialty were pretty screwed up. They had no previous teaching experience and were just killing time. They never took a single lecture. I have proof of all of this. When the students requested the management to hire better faculty, we were threatened to let it go else we would be penalised in our final exams.

We didn't have much of a choice at that point of time and thought it would be better to keep quiet and learn the most of what we could. But since I have graduated now, I can speak up.

My father took a loan for the entire sum and is still repaying installments. If nothing else, I want to be able to get back the fee I paid to this fraud institution.

Can anybody please help?

Hello docindie

Sorry to hear what you had to undergo during your studies.

I think a lawyer is what you mostly need.

We cannot allow this thread to be active on the forum, since it may be considered as diffamation.

Please refer to the Legal services in Mauritius section of the site to gather some contact infos.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

-Topic Closed -

Closed