Inburgering Exam,

Dear Friends,

After 6 years living in Netherlands, currently, I am motivated to learn language and taking the Inburgering exam.
So, I do not know about this language and did not try to learn it.

at this moment, passing the inburgering exam is my priority.
Would you please give your comment or share your experience  how I can pass this exam  during in next 3-4 months???

Thank you inadvance!
Dave

Salam, hoe gaat het? You know it would be better if you first learn the language then take the exam. Goodluck :-)

Angelsergio is right. How do you expect pas the exam if you don't understand the language? Do you think you can accomplish this in the time you have given yourself? That the questions are in English or in any other language?

I think the best way to learn the language is to meet people in shops or in pubs. The best way to learn the language is in a pub or cafe. I know several people going to Holland. With visiting a pub they could make a conversation in Dutch within two weeks

In which city do they live? Because, here in Rotterdam, nobody speaks! They don't even look at you and I learned to do the same thing...

Hi Dave,

As you don't speak any Dutch, I would suggest you to attend a Dutch course first. Plenty of schools can help you prepare for the inburgerings exam. Where do you live? If you live in The Hague, check this link: kickstartschool.nl/en/dutch-courses/exam-courses/inburgeringsexamen.php
I hope it helps! Good luck!

Hi Dave2015,
I never went for classes, lived in NL since late March 2012. Just passed 3 of the 4 part Inburgeringsexam, am still waiting for the results for my Written exam . I was exempted from the Dutch Oral (Speaking) exam because I passed it when I sat for my MVV exam overseas.

Anyway, I never attended any classes. I just got books + cds, did online tests, join facebook pages for learning Dutch for free. Oh and I also did a free Dutch language course via Livemocha. From the books and cds, I learned some Dutch customs, grammars and enriched my vocabulary as well as try to imitate speaking Dutch. Through facebook pages for learning Dutch, I get instant feedback/ correction on my grammar skills. With Livemocha, my voice recorded assignments gets rated for accuracy by native Dutch speakers, who also help by recording the correct pronunciation and intonation required for certain difficult sounds. And last but not least, the free online tests via inburgeringsexamen nederland or (purchaseable tests examples via) www.nt2.nl helped me to get a feel of what to expect during the exams.

To each his/ her own when it comes to learning. Choose the method best suited to your personal style and convenience.
It took me half a year to study from scratch to pass the MVV exam, also without attending classes. As for the inburgeringsexamen, I could have taken it sooner but decided to take my sweet time to learn.

Cheers,
Kris

Hi there, how are you?
How did you manage to cope for 6 years without learning the language? Did you just get by in English?
We are moving over to Holland in February or March 2016, and I plan to enroll immediately in Dutch classes. I am giving myself 6 months to learn how to speak and write in Dutch, I am looking forward to it!
We will be moving to Breda, do you have any advice on relocation to the Netherlands. I want to rent social housing because I think it may be cheaper, do you know anything about social housing and how to apply for an apartment or house, costs etc?

Thank you!

Pam  :P

RelocatingtoNL wrote:

Hi there, how are you?
How did you manage to cope for 6 years without learning the language? Did you just get by in English?
We are moving over to Holland in February or March 2016, and I plan to enroll immediately in Dutch classes. I am giving myself 6 months to learn how to speak and write in Dutch, I am looking forward to it!
We will be moving to Breda, do you have any advice on relocation to the Netherlands. I want to rent social housing because I think it may be cheaper, do you know anything about social housing and how to apply for an apartment or house, costs etc?

Thank you!

Pam  :P

Hi Pam and welcome to the Forum.

It is good to see that you are keen to learn the language; it will definitely help you integrate into Dutch society.

With regards to Social Housing; the Dutch Government have recently changed the rules regarding the allocation of this accommodation and the general public can no longer apply as before.  Allocation of such housing is now under the control of the Social services.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I took my first exam KNS in NL in less than 2 months of my arrival and i passed. 

I received the post letter result in less than 2 weeks buti i seen the result in mijn inburgering account more or less 5 days. It is much faster than the website says 8 weeks.

I plan to take the reading exam before the year ends.

What lesmaterial did you used for knm? Im here for almost 7mos. And i am enrolled but dont have any time to go to school as i work full time.

I attended A2 90 hours dutch course in Cebu Philippines.  So for now I'm doing review/ self study.

Did you use any book for knm in cebu? I took last week lezen en luisteren, and its pretty easy you can do it. They gives enough time