Visa for freelancing ?

Hi
I have moved from india with my husband ( who is employed here ). I am wondering if we can do freelancing work for a company outside of oman with the family visa I am on or do I need another type of visa to do freelancing work? 

Any help/ advice here would be of great help!

Thanks
Rafath

Hi Rafimu,

As long as you are on a dependent visa / family visa, you are not allowed to hold any sort of gainful employment. And freelancing would be considered as one. This would be something which would be mentioned in your husband's employment contract.

Freelancing by its very nature is a risky business, since the freelancer is not sure of getting remunerated satisfactorily or on time. Therefore, freelancing outside the country simply means multiplying the risks of recovering the money for the work done, manifold. And I don't think there is any employer in the world, who would pay in advance for a freelance assignment.

Thanks for the quick response Sumitran!

Well, I do know a reputed company with known folks who would give me projects on need basis. I am just evaluating options as I didn't want to stay at home doing nothing after 13 years of work experience. However I didn't want to get into any legal battles or get my husband into any trouble so posed the question as I read on a forum that Dubai did grant a special type of visa for freelancing outside of the country

Regards
Rafath