Car Review: Honda CR-V 2005

Dear All,

I am seriously considering a nicely maintained Honda CR-V 2005 in affordable price. I want to get a small SUV because first, my family is small at the moment with only 1 kid and wife; second, this would be my first SUV and I want to get a good feeling of SUV before opting for a bigger one in future.

- Can anyone share their experiences with Honda CR-V of 2005 or close years?

- How good is it? How reliable is it for city /inter-city travelling.

- What's the general maintenance cost related but not limited to batteries, tires, oil changing, brakes, etc.

- How is the ride quality?

- Any known issues like Automatic Transmission, Engine, etc?

Hope to get a few good responses.

Khurram...

My advice stay awaway from Hondas old cars

Spare parts is vey experience

Better get a brand new SUV, you can choose on Hyundai or Toyota. These company sell their car in a affordable price and the spare parts are not as expensive as others. Tucson for Hyundai w/ is more cheaper and the the spare parts is easy, for Toyota it will be a Rav 4 well the price isn't that low but as far as I know it was a good SUV. Hope this helps and good luck finding a new SUV ;)

Thanks Guys... Appreciate your inputs and suggestions  :top:

Really looking for someone who has been an owner of CR-V for around year 2005-6 models...   :unsure

Totally agree with NOfx

Tucson; will not give the comfort and level of SUV. this is what I guess.

Hey, I have great experience with Honda CRV, both in UK and Africa. I have only good memories. I highly recommend. Only caveat - like any other car - maintain car regularly. Weekly checks of tyre pressure, coolant, etc. Investigating any new noises you hear when opening doors, driving down the road, etc. By the way, I hold an intermediate car maintenance certificate and enjoy DIY!

Thanks tipeic & welcome to the Forum!

After thorough research and after meeting also the mechanic (Honda-Only) of the car who is maintaining it for last 2 years, I finally bought it last week. And on same weekend went to Medina with family. It was a nice and comfortable journey up-and-down. Really happy so far.  :top:

Had already finished the first maintenance before travelling at Petromin Express. Thanks for the thumbs up.

This is my first automatic as well as first SUV and I am willing to have a little dive in DIY starting with knowledge part. Are you open for more questions?  :D

Khurram.

Hey, I have been busy lately and didn't check the mail. But, yeah, if you wish to ask, by all means. I will say what I know, then you can make your call.