UK born, Canadian citizen interested in a future move to Provo.

Hello,  I'm curious to what I would need in making the future move to Provo?  As a British Crown Colony, does my status as a UK born, Canadian Citizen help at all in attaining any sort of residency on the Island?  I find a lot of information online for US citizens making the move but am having trouble finding anything informative for Canadians.  Any advice greatly appreciated in advance  :)

If TCI is anything like Cayman, it will depend to some extent on whether you want to work there or live in retirement. Which is it?

Ideally, I'd be interested in purchasing property sooner than later and rent out while the market is still somewhat lower that what it will be when the Island becomes more popular with big hotel chains etc. 

I am self employed and would rather move there before retirement age and run my business from the Island. 

So a bit of both is the answer to the question  :)

If you are conducting business in the Turks & Caicos you will need a work permit.  The self employed is around 10K not counting associated fees etc.  If your business is one that is based elsewhere but can be performed anywhere then you should be okay.

You can come in as a visitor for 30 days.  This can be renewed monthly for a total of 90 days.  Then you must leave the island and then reenter.  (Rinse and repeat)  Your other option is to apply for a residency permit.  This gives you the right to live here but not to work here.

Your status as a UK born Canadian citizen wont hurt but it wont help either.

Thank you!  This is very  helpful.  I'm heading down to Provo in a couple of weeks and have a list of questions ready for my visit.  I'll be sure to post on this blog, my findings.  :)

Hi Khoglo-

I am most interested in running an internet based business from the island.  The nature of the business has no involvement with TCI gov't nor its citizens, strictly an American based business.

What have you determined?  I know ex-pats will not be able to work on the island bc jobs are only for locals.

I hope to move to the area January 2016.

Thanks,
KMR