Cost of condo apartement for 1 person

What are the costs of condo apartements for 1 person in Kuala Lumpur or in any province? I read that for 700RM it is possible to rent one, while rooms in shared flat cost 300-400RM. I'm interested only in living alone. I don't want or need air conditioning.

By the way, because of health considerations I would like to ask if typical rooms are drafty, especially during night?

I think RM700 per month for a studio is not realistic in any way, but of course the actual prices depend on the area in which you live. Near KLCC the cost of a studio will be around RM1800 per month, the same in Cyberjaya, and a bit less in the suburbs in between. Flat sharing in a condo will be around RM1000-1300 for a master or medium room.

For flat sharing you can take a look at www.ibilik.my - there are also whole studios and units mentioned in these listings in some areas - so worth taking a look. Whilst the cost of flat sharing can be as low as RM400 or less, those rooms will only be available to Malaysians or regional foreign workers.

Studios and 1 beds go for a premium rental, because they tend to be exclusive or rare. Doing an internet search under serviced apartments and an area should provide some idea of what is available. www,iproperty.com.my and www.mudah.com.my also have property listings.

Rooms can be "drafty" if you use a ceiling fan, but it is more comfortable to have moving air to keep cool and be able to sleep.

Really? In Bangkok single rooms cost from 2000 to 7000BHT, is rental in Malaysia that expensive? Food price are the same in both countries, so I thought condo flats are cheap too.

Food prices are also more expensive in Malaysia. From 1st April all prices went up 6% because of new tax (Goods and Services). Only a few items are exempt. These new prices are not shown on price comparison websites yet.

The issue in price comparison is what prices are available for locals and what do foreigners have to pay for the standard of living they want to achieve.