Summer in Sofia with Baby and Hubby

Hello,

because of my husbands job we will be staying in Sofia for 2 Months this summer.

We have then a 3 and a half month baby girl and I would like to do what could I do with her over there?
1-) Are there any Mummy Groups?
2-) Are they any gyms where I can take my baby with me ? Or exercise groups where Mummies take their babies?
3-) What are the top 5 to do in Summer? I will have plenty free time with Baby so I am looking to make new friends as well :)
4-) Is there a sort of second hand shop ?  I am looking for a bicycle to ride around in the city.

Hope you can help me!

Have a lovely weekend! :gloria

Hi I have seen posts on the forum regards "mum & toddler" meet ups so I assume this will be some kind of groups that you will receive a reply from, also there are gym's again you'll get a good reply and info' regarding that.
Having only driven around and in and out of Sofia I would not rush out and cycle those streets but hey one persons pot  hole is another persons adventure, (Some roads are a wee bit bumpy putting it kindly).
Either way, good luck to you all, hope you enjoy your time here.
Cheers Steve.

Pulse fitness (the one on blvd. Bulgaria) has kids place where you can leave your kid while working out. There are plenty of parks here where you will be able to go with a stroller for an afternoon and maybe even have a picnic. Also there are a few really nice and large malls to checkout, most have play places so for 2 months you will have plenty to do.

I cycle a lot here but honestly there's no way I'd do it with a baby along for the ride (if that's what you were planning to do). There's a big second hand bike market every weekend in the parking lot at Vasil Nevski stadium if you do decide you want a bike. As was mentioned the roads are bumpy, the potholes huge, the drains with missing covers even bigger and not all of the drivers are interested in following the rules... As I said, I do cycle a lot and I find it a great way to get around but I'd never risk doing it with a baby (and I never see anyone else doing it with a kid on the bike either).

Hi, I am a mom with a baby of 1 year old and I do cycle with her, but only in our neighborhood (Mladost). Your baby seems to be too young to cycle around with you, so cycling alone is a bit less tricky than with a baby. I haven't seen the baby-carry-cots you can attach to a bike and with all the bumps, narrow passages etc it wouldn't be that great anyway.
There is a yogastudio yantra.natalyoga.net/ that has baby-yoga for both mom and baby and the teachers can speak English. Also babyswimming is organised in worldclassgym and there again the teachers speak English. The participants are mainly BG, but also quite a few foreigners attend.
You can also check out the FB group "english speaking moms in Sofia" and there are Tuesday-playgroups organized by expatmoms (email to Tonya Hancock <[email protected]> to be added in the mailinglist)

Have a nice stay in Sofia!