Looking to move to Ghana from Los Angeles

Hello! I am a African American residing in Los Angeles with my husband and 2 year old son. We are really fed up with America and want to give our son a totally different experience of what we have had growing up here. Can someone please tell me what our first steps should be as far as moving to Ghana, establishing housing, and starting a business?

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No publicity on the forum please. You may Register your services freely in our business Directory.

The first step would be to visit Ghana and see whether you would like to live here. While here look at the various locations and decide where you would like to live and what your budget can afford. Remember that landlords here ask for one to two years rent in advance so you will need a lump sum to cover that. You can also look at business options depending on your expertise but again remember that you will need a Ghanaian business partner.
Ghana is a great place to live if you are financially secure, have a house with constant running water usually from tanks, electricity so at the moment that means a generator and a car as travelling around is not easy. As you have children you will also need school fees and these can be substantial if you want an American education.

which part of Ghana do you want to live?

Accra

This was very helpful!