Looking to move to Ecuador

My wife and I currently live in Quebec, Canada near Mont Tremblant Ski Resort. We are considering Ecuador but have a lot of questions in this regard; Firstly we want a place near the ocean, where it is safe of course. We heard that medical/hospital treatment if poor, and we obviously need this to be addressed.
Other questions : Would we be taxed on our pensions if we apply for Citizenship? Please tell us more as we are quite serious about the move ad need as much imfo as possible before we even decide to fly there to check it out.
What cities would you all recommend with Canadian/USA expats? Please understand we are also wanting to assimilate into their culture, learn Spanish, etc.
Thank you all!!!!!!!
Robert & Marsha

Welcome to the Ecuador Forum, Robert and Marsha.

For an extended run-down on healthcare in Ecuador, please visit this Ecuador forum healthcare thread...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=164500

cccmedia in Quito

Rolllingstone wrote:

My wife and I currently live in Quebec, Canada near Mont Tremblant Ski Resort. We are considering Ecuador but have a lot of questions in this regard; Firstly we want a place near the ocean, where it is safe of course. We heard that medical/hospital treatment if poor, and we obviously need this to be addressed.
Other questions : Would we be taxed on our pensions if we apply for Citizenship? Please tell us more as we are quite serious about the move ad need as much imfo as possible before we even decide to fly there to check it out.
What cities would you all recommend with Canadian/USA expats? Please understand we are also wanting to assimilate into their culture, learn Spanish, etc.
Thank you all!!!!!!!
Robert & Marsha

Good afternoon, I can advise you to Manta. Here and port and airport (local airline). Beach town. Year-round warm 26-32 degrees. It is home to many foreigners, excellent Spanish language school. The town itself is small, but growing rapidly. Nearby shops, pharmacies, hospitals, restaurants with sea food, and, of course, a wonderful view of the ocean. What it concerns the housing complexes, targeted exclusively to foreigners - usually they are located far away from civilization. Yes, on the coast with a beautiful view. But you have to go an hour or more to the nearest city.

Hi Robert & Marsha,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Ecuador forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks and regards

Priscilla