Getting the kuwaiti visa

I am a chinese,I want to have a short visit to Kuwait,how can i get the visa?who can help me to solve this problem? thanks here!

Moncia

don't worry, you get visa on arrival (link)

Hi, Do you know f you can keep moving in and out of Kuwait and living on a tourist visa for a year?

Hi, I have been doing that for over a year. When you leave. You have to be out for 48 hours.Hope this is helpful.

Thank you for your reply. I was asking for my boyfriend, as he will need to be on a tourist visa unless we can find him a job before we leave. We move to Kuwait in August.

What part of Kuwait?.

Kuwait City. Working in Sabah Al-salem..?

@ak299 Sabah Al-Salem and Kuwait City are two different places. Kuwait city is the capital "district"

Sabah Al-Salem is 20 KM south of that in a district called "Mubarak Al-Kabeer", which is nearer to areas like Fintas and Mahboula where many of the non-Arab expats live.

I have known many expats (especially from western countries) who have been living in Kuwait on and off just by having a tourist visa. Good luck.

Oh, thank you! I'm still trying to understand the different areas in Kuwait.

Living on a Tourist visa you do not get any benefits. You are not breaking any law. You just have to make sure you have all the right insurance's. Also you can drive on a tourist visa. I would not be able to otherwise.

Tootsie57 wrote:

Living on a Tourist visa you do not get any benefits. You are not breaking any law. You just have to make sure you have all the right insurance's. Also you can drive on a tourist visa. I would not be able to otherwise.

If you are working you are breaking the law, and I have yet to meet a person who visited Kuwait for purely touristic reasons.

Ribosom wrote:
Tootsie57 wrote:

If you are working you are breaking the law, and I have yet to meet a person who visited Kuwait for purely touristic reasons.

I am not working. So I am the first one you have met who stays on a Tourist visa.I know loads. My husband is working here. I chose not to have residency. I would not be able to drive. I leave when I want to.I have to leave the Country every three months which suites me down to the ground.

Also please read my other statements. Please do not jump to conclusion. Do not judge people you do not know.

Some of us are honest.

Tootsie57 wrote:
Ribosom wrote:
Tootsie57 wrote:

I am not working. So I am the first one you have met who stays on a Tourist visa.I know loads. My husband is working here.

This just proves my point, as you are obviously not here as a tourist, right?

Tootsie57 wrote:

Also please read my other statements. Please do not jump to conclusion. Do not judge people you do not know.

Some of us are honest.

You are taking it too personal. I was just clarifying it for other readers who might have misunderstood your post, as many are looking to come here with a "tourist" visa not to join their SO, but to work (and a lot of people are actually doing it).

clarification tootsie as we seem to be spinning off on a tangent:

what Riba meant is that, in the pure sense of the word,a tourist visa is issued to say, tourists. people who are here for a short time then leave. now granted, thats the literal sense of the word, in egypt for example i think students at universities can get tourist visas for a year that is renewed.

however, in the strictest sense, you are NOT a tourist here, you're a non-resident resident, if that makes sense.

what Riba means is that much like what i said earlier, a lot of Westerners, or shall we say visa-on-arrival expats so as not to hurt anyones feelings, come to Kuwait for WORK and are issued TOURIST visas and remain on TOURIST visas. this helps companies (mostly schools but others can do it too) in that they dont really have to pay these workers any end-of-service benefits as well as other things i imagine.

if you get to travel every 3 months all the power to you lassie, i am 100% sure Riba meant no harm by what he said.

:D

You truly have a gift, Legacy.

Hi Monica,
For your kind information for china citizens no need for kuwaiti visa....you are welcome to kuwait visa free arrival.....only you have to provide the hotal reservation and purpose of your visit upon your arrival at visa counter...that's it
this information you can check through official website of kuwait interior ministry. ... moi.kuwait
Regards
Ghamazuddin

50 degree Celsius.......The sun is not smiling in this part of the world! LOL

Hi Tootsie 57. I'll be probably second one who is not considering Kuwait for working and prefer having just Visitor Visa. Planing to join my husband on august. Getting drivers license in Kuwait is quite an issue . My husband still has none in 7 months ! It is the point to stay on visitor visa and drive. We need at list one who is driving :).
Just don't really know how to be with my daughter, she should start school in September . Is it possible to make her residence  ,as my husband has one, and stay on visitor visa for myself?