1 Year Old Son with Out Visa

Hello,
   Everyone ..  need help here. Me and My wife are both working here in Oman. Both of us are having working visa.
Last year we have bless with one son.. currently he is 1 year Old and he dont have visa has Our company did not provide visa for my son and we want him to send to Philippines this coming June'15. But we dont know how as per
our Embassy we need to go to Immigration Office. Below are the question we need to answer.

1. Where is the Immigration office in Muscat?
2. How much fine we need to pay?

Thanks.

Hi Delmar1990,

As a parent what you have done is quite irresponsible. And not to mention illegal.

Any child born in this country must be necessarily registered within 30 days of birth. Didn't they tell you at the hospital when your wife delivered your child ? In fact, a printed sheet is given to all new parents by the hospital authorities, on the various formalities to be completed regarding registering your new born baby.

Secondly, during this important first year how did you give your child all those immunisation shots in the government clinics ? Without the child's passport, the clinics would not have allowed for your child to get those immunisation shots. I am confused how you have managed to get that done.

The authorities are a bit lenient on the grace period for registering a new born baby. Up to 60 days is okay. But not to register your child for 365-days is totally something else. I am flummoxed.

You have to go to the same place in Seeb where you go for getting your resident card issued / renewed.

But before you go to Seeb, you must first go to the Ministry of Health to get some papers attested.

Hey, why don't you read all about it in the forum ?? There's a specific topic titled "Registering a birth in Oman" :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=315004

Before you go, first find out how best you can avoid any serious repercussions of your lackadaisical actions.

It would also be better and advisable if you can take an Arabic speaking PRO / official from your office with you to plead on your behalf with the authorities to go easy on you.

Good luck. You will need a lot of it.

Dear Mr. Sumitran,

My Son Having Passport he have birth certificate aswell .. and he is registered in Ministry of Health also he go on all vacination required till 1 year old. the problem our company promise us that they will give us visa. we are waiting for them and finally they told us that they cannot provide visa.

Thanks for the advice. really appreciate.

And now we really want to send him back to Philippines.

As per our Embassy they will issued a letter which might can help us.

Hi Delmar1990,

It is such a relief for me to read your above clarifications ! Whew, boy, am I relieved !!

Glad to note that you have acted indeed very responsibly in registering your son and getting sure all his vaccinations have been administered, and on time. It is really very important.

Usually, it costs nothing for a company to provide a new born with a no-objection for a dependent visa endorsement on the father's passport. It is really very surprising that your company is not willing to extend to you that simple help and assistance. They must be real cheapskates for sure. And totally inconsiderate too. Idiots.

As you have rightly done, speak to the Philippine's embassy and seek their assistance and cooperation in helping your son exit Oman without any hassles. Since it the case of a tiny, little baby, I am quite sure that the authorities would not come down heavily on you.

Technically, no doubt, you are in the wrong. But logically, it is something that can be sorted out without any serious consequences. Or with minimal repercussions. I don't think there's much to worry in this case, as it involves an innocent infant, and not a guilty adult.

I wish you all good luck !

Dear Mr. Sumitran,

Thanks for the advice .. Have a nice day. Inshalla the fine is not to High. Yes our company is favoring someone
which they like. even some of my colleagues are getting Family visa even they're salary is below 600 Omr.

But anyhow thanks a lot..

Delmar Pangilinan Jr.

Delmar1990 wrote:

Dear Mr. Sumitran,

Thanks for the advice .. Have a nice day. Inshalla the fine is not to High. Yes our company is favoring someone
which they like. even some of my colleagues are getting Family visa even they're salary is below 600 Omr.

But anyhow thanks a lot..

Delmar Pangilinan Jr.

Dear Delmar,
I have no right to go personal, but i can't resist asking a simple question here. Can you guys (Yourself and ur wife) manage here in Oman without ur world (ur child)....  Are you that strong enough to compromise being away from your child ?  Don't you have any concerns on child's treatment in philipines without his parents ?

I dun want to offend you, however, as an individual, my mind doesn't accept this logic on how the parents can send their child away from them just for the sake of earning buks!!!!